Songs You Didn't Expect To Hear On The Radio

Songs You Didn't Expect To Hear On The Radio

alexvladev
Music Fan

Hey, with so many people from different countries in here I wanted to find out what's that song you didn't expect to hear on the Radio. You know that many songs perform amazingly well here in Spotify but few make it to the Top 40 playlists around the world, just because radio's criteria is slightly different (mainstream etc).

To start this off here is one. I'm based in the UK and didn't expect to hear J Balvin - Mi Gente - I know it's big in Spain and Latin America but it was a huge surprise to hear it on Capital FM in the UK. I guess Despacito really helped:)

spotify:track:2rb5MvYT7ZIxbKW5hfcHx8

5 Replies

Re: Songs You Didn't Expect To Hear On The Radio

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @alexvladev!

This is a very cool thread :)

I heard this song on the radio the other day: 

spotify:track:2uaVumcCpXgRZcExGkvNoa:small

Was pretty cool to hear on Radio 1 - UK as I saw her in a local to me venue a few years ago.

Not one that took me by surprise genre wise, but more because it was cool and familiar :)

/M

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

I heard this song on my local (Indonesia) radio yesterday. I was surprised because they're not popular in here but happy to hear it.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1LhRK22w6bWMKTOJChcKqB

rossi1911Rock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

alexvladev
Music Fan

Hi Melody,

This is a great song! Yes Radio 1 are really good in supporting new artists. They were responsible for the success of George Ezra, HAIM and many more. Nowadays very few stations have the guts to play new and unknown music.

Cheers

Alex

@Melody wrote:

Hey @alexvladev!

Was pretty cool to hear on Radio 1 - UK as I saw her in a local to me venue a few years ago.

Not one that took me by surprise genre wise, but more because it was cool and familiar :)

/M

@Melody wrote:

Hey @alexvladev!

/M

alexvladev
Music Fan

Nice one @Rossi1911! What's the name of the station? Is it availbale to listen online?

Highlighted

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@alexvladev It's called Prambors and yes you can stream it online. Here's the link:

http://www.radioonline.co.id/mobile/prambors/

rossi1911Rock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS