Roadie
14 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Songs based on Sci-Fi

Roadie
Highlighted

Roadie

These songs aren't necessarily linked to any specific work of science fiction, but their lyrics are heavily influenced by Sci-Fi in general. 

spotify:track:3GYlvip4QHNSM1ZtdxyfZt

spotify:track:11EAxyNeRvUaZfomU8UUhz

Highlighted

Roadie
Highlighted

Roadie

not really sci-fi related but can't let a chance to mention Husker Du pass.  🙂

spotify:track:6xecXf8OfP5QZTkmxmNxxr

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Man this would have been the perfect thread for the side project of CLUTCH band members, when the band got involved into the jam/blues/jazz/rock thing they were doing with their side project The Bakerton Group, sadly none of that content is on Spotify right now. I have only a link to a wiki page about the project. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bakerton_Group

The group project was into the whole Space Rock sci-fi thing.

But this release by Clutch will have to do:

spotify:album:5snxt6YTFHrBD8ACd0hPJA

Love these guys, I have seen them a couple of times, and always a good fun show. Sadly a good chunk of their material is missing from the Spotify service, a music content team needs to look into this, really seriously. 🙂

Seriously these guys really brought back some of the old school rock sound styles, and did new things with those groovy fuzz rock sounds, 60's and 70's era hard rock influences.

Correction, some of the content from the side project called The Bakerton Group is now on Spotify:

Highlighted
Highlighted

Community Legend

There are tons of songs inspired by science-fiction TV and movies (Star WarsStar TrekDr. Who come immediately to mind as source material) and more songs than I can count that share a title with Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land.

I've read that this song's lyrics were inspired by Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End, but it's been a long time since I've read that book, and I never read it with Genesis in mind.
spotify:track:0QtL2ONAn6cSamg6vzvGI7

SUGGESTED POSTS