Songs labeled as 'Explicit' are censored

Highlighted

Songs labeled as 'Explicit' are censored

cumminsracing
Casual Listener
Trying to play an uncensored version of Snoop Dogg Doggfather and it always plays a censored version. Very annoying! Have had many uncensored tracks automatically replaced in playlists over the years with censored versions and I can just (annoyingly) re-add the original, but this won't let you!
https://open.spotify.com/track/4tqFhZPxZFGyL2QoopywFy
3 Replies

Re: Songs labeled as 'Explicit' are censored

mangadreamery
Roadie

It would be nice if you could just have a setting to turn it off or on. I agree it is too difficult sometimes and it seems like Spotify's algorithms actually favor the CLEAN versions which is incredibly annoying and makes you feel like you're at Wal-Mart. There's only one group on the planet that likes censorship and they usually fight tooth & nail against art and creativity so I don't like catering to them, anyways... It would be really nice if this was fixed, or made better so those of us who do not have virgin ears that cannot be tainted can enjoy our hip hop without huge gaps in the flow.

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

My Favorite Tracks of 2015

If I helped, mark my answer as solution to help other users solve similar issues, please don't forget to send kudos if you like any answers.

What is a Rock Star and how you can become one? Click here to find out!

oregonstandoff

Songs with explicit lyrics always get replaced ,,, musicmatch does same **bleep** ,,, all we get is rederick B.S.

Mr-Hoodz

I have the same problem with Jay Electronica's "Exhibit C", in the album there are 3 version of the song : Original (Explicit), Clean and Instrumental. Both are censored though, and he's other songs are not censored, and the word they censor is the N-word or "weed", which is featured in a lot of other his songs too and they ain't censored there. So All I can think is that there was a glitch and now where the "explicit" version should play, it just plays the clean version by accident. Spotify please fix.

SUGGESTED POSTS