Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs that left a mark in your life

Songs that left a mark in your life

Hi guys!

There is always a special song that remains in our mind during the ages because it left a mark of an important moment of our lives.

The aim of this thread is to share a song that is important for you and it could be cool if you'll share also something about the story around it!

I'll started with:

spotify:track:1TqmZVIyeD4aN4Wa0wbnfy:small

Pure Morning by Placebo is a really important track for me because it marked a drastic change in my life.

It was a dark time where I wasn't able to finish anything: I didn't find motivation. But this song, I don't know why, it gaves me the strength to go on and not look back.
I changed studies, friends and I started a new sport discipline at the same time.

Finally I got a tattoo with these words: Day's dawning, skin's crawling.

Come on, don't be shy and have fun! 🙂

21 Replies

Great topic.  I'm going to answer with an instrumental and I almost never listen to instrumentals.  But I was a sophomore in college and all i ever listened to was Prince and bands related to Prince.  Now granted, I loved that stuff.  But my roommate would play the New Order - Brotherhood album over and over.  And this song stuck with me every time I heard it.  My roommate was a jerk so i didn't talk to him much, but i started paying attention to what he was playing.  When the year was over I went and bought the New Order Brotherhood and Lowlife cds for myself and my musical taste changed forever from that point on.  Elegia is the first song that caught my ear and thus...it's the song that changed my life.

spotify:track:2Xs7CP4Gw8wJ8qX8fkrCAB

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I hate to be the girl with daddy issues but..

A reason that this song has stuck with me for awhile is kinda sad. 12 years ago my mom met a person and instantly  "fell in love" but as the years went on this person began to treat me and my mom poorly, on my 13th birthday they came into my room as i was getting ready for school and slammed me up against the wall and yelled at me, why? Because I ate the last cupcake out of 10 others that had been eaten by them. in 2022 my mom divorced this person and we left. and the second we did they ran off and started a family with the woman they were cheating on my mom with. left me and my mom with ptsd and nightmares for a year. But there is obviously way more to the story than just a stupid cupcake.   

Suggested posts