Soundtracks

Highlighted

Soundtracks

hector23
Music Fan

I have been working on a Soundtrack playlist helpfully titled "Soundtracks." It varies quite a bit, but I am certainly a fan of John Carpenter, Ennio Morricone and Cliff Martinez.

I would appreciate any new suggestions of tracks that fall within the parameters that my playlist currently occupies.  I also wonder why the soundtrack to Drive isn't on here.

13 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Soundtracks

user-removed
Not applicable

about Carpenter's movies
The Thing - desolation/end credits
Prince of Darkness - this is not a dream/opening credits
Helloween III - halloween tv commercial

check also for Godspeedyou!Black Emperor "Moya/BBF" it was the soundtrack of an ita-movie

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I think the upcoming movie "Snowpiercer" is on the same theme of Carpenter's "Ghosts from Mars" - isn't it?

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

also the sountrack (end credit) of the movie "Where eagles dare" by Ron Goodwin - I heard it as intro in a live of Iron Maiden at the time of "Piece of Mind " - in fact in that work there's is a song with the same title, seems inspired by this movie: 
cit. from Wikipedia (ITA)  
Gli Iron Maiden hanno preso spunto da questo film per la stesura della canzone Where Eagles Dare dell'album del 1983 Piece Of Mind.

tatatà-tatatà-tatatatatatà-bombommmmm

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

i'm not sure but it seems in the movie "the crow" with Brandon Lee there's a song of Helmet , maybe "Milquetoast" from the album "Betty"?

Do you have heard about the soundtracks of the italian "Bud Spencer and Terence Hill" movies? There are a lot on Spotify but worth mentioning "Coro dei Pompieri" or "Scena del ballo" from the movie "Altrimenti ci arrabbiamo". More info also in this Ita-fan forum (also with thread in English): budterence.tk 

Another song of Iron Maiden - "Flash of the blade" (by Bruce Dickinson?) is in a movie of Ita-horror-director Dario Argento "Phenomena" -  1985? I got this vynil one time

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

also the ITA-horror-movie movie "Buio Omega" - soundtrack from Goblin - the same band of the soundtrack od "Profondo Rosso/Deep red" - theme in touch with "Halloween" of Carpenter?

the ita-movie of  upmentioned "Moya/BBF" seem it was "Sangue: la morte non esiste"

also Come - Gently down the stream - there's a theme in the movie "The english patient"?

Highlighted

hector23
Music Fan

I was not so into the Where Eagles Dare soundtrack.   A little too John Williamsy for my taste, but I am a big fan of Goblin

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Ganymed - it takes me higher - track of "Gaikin - robot guerriero" ITA-cartoon 
in this line the titles of cartoons (ita version)
Astroganga
Ken Falco (by Douglas Merkin)
I-Zenborg

c'mon you all @ "Loser Music Club"

Highlighted

hector23
Music Fan

It takes me higher is great!  Reminds me of italo-disco stuff

Highlighted

hector23
Music Fan

I wish I could find more stuff like the flower of carnage by Meiko Kaji off the kill bill soundtrack

SUGGESTED POSTS