Spotify Comptaible MP3 Players for Gym

Spotify Comptaible MP3 Players for Gym

Jamb09
Regular

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an MP3 player that is light but good quality. The most important thing is that I'd like to use Spotify with this.

So what is the best (and most portable) MP3 players out there that are Spotify compatible? I couldn't tell whether the new iPod Nano was compatible with Spotify either.

Thanks,

Michael

6 Replies

Re: Spotify Comptaible MP3 Players for Gym

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

Welcome to the club! But I'm afraid I haven't found any mp3 player yet that fits this description.

All "mp3 players" that support Spotify are actually like smartphones with huge displays, just without phone function...

And no, ipod nano only supports the local files in Spotify - has to be an ipod touch for streaming content.

Anyways if you find one, let me know please! :P

MarcoRock Star 28
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Jamb09
Regular

Hi Premify,

Thanks for the response. Kinda sucks, it would be ideal to have a Spotify app developed for the iPod Nano's and smaller MP3 players. I've tried to use my smartphone at the gym or going out for a jog but they aren't great. Guess I'll just have to revert back to using an old school MP3 player and put my music on to that!

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Samsung Galaxy Y? Only 99 € and with Offline mode in Spotify just awesome.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

150 MB internal memory?

As long as android app can't set location to external card (I know you can with a workaround but it's buggy)

Also I think that's not really what we are looking for. We'd like to have a light and compact mp3 player like an ipod nano, just with Spotify features. :D

If I could name another nice-to-have it would be: Able to use it blind in your pocket: Hard buttons for next/previous - volume - pause. But guess all that combined, will stay a dream. ;P

But thanks for trying!

MarcoRock Star 28
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Spotify Compatible MP3 Players for Gym

geof

i needed help on this as well. according to "best buy" the only devices that are spotify compatable are those that support "google play"

Re: Spotify Compatible MP3 Players for Gym

Adam
Roadie

@geof wrote:

i needed help on this as well. according to "best buy" the only devices that are spotify compatable are those that support "google play"

Do Best Buy have some kind of boycott on Apple products?! Not sure why they'd say that. All iPhones and 3rd gen or later iPod Touches support Spotify, or pretty much anything with any kind of app store. For what it's worth, I love my iPod Touch - no need to mess around with phone contracts, Spotify works great and you have access to almost anything you want to do via apps/browser.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
SUGGESTED POSTS