Spotify Suggestion: Compilations should be listed under Albums (Not under "Singles")

Highlighted

Spotify Suggestion: Compilations should be listed under Albums (Not under "Singles")

fiercerobert
Regular

This has been bugging me

Compilations are albums, and in my mind, tshould be listed under the (regular) albums section,

It is more logical that way

They are currently located under "Singles"

I forgot that a separate '"Compilations" section was created as I usually stop searching after I reach singles

I prefer compilations to be lumped with the albums section, but Spotify decided to separate them

What are your thoughts?

3 Replies

Re: Spotify Suggestion: Compilations should be listed under Albums (Not under "Singles")

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

@fiercerobert wrote:

This has been bugging me

Compilations are albums, and in my mind, tshould be listed under the (regular) albums section,

It is more logical that way

They are currently located under "Singles"

I forgot that a separate '"Compilations" section was created as I usually stop searching after I reach singles

I prefer compilations to be lumped with the albums section, but Spotify decided to separate them

What are your thoughts?

Personally, I prefer it the way it's arranged now.

Artist compilations are normally composed of the band's greatest hits, which are drawn from their albums and singles (some singles may be found on the albums, but in my experience, on Spotify the Singles section typically only contains material that was never released on a studio album). If scrolling from top to bottom, we see 'original material' first, and then we see greatest hits albums, etc. 

However, if you want to gauge the popularity of your opinion, you can repost your suggestion in the Ideas subforum, which allows others to vote for popular ideas and receive an official response from Spotify staff.

blakeRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 person liked this

Re: Spotify Suggestion: Compilations should be listed under Albums (Not under "Singles")

fiercerobert
Regular

Thanks for letting me know!

It's my first thread - new to the board

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Glad you're participating! Hope that you continue to help improve spotify. :)

blakeRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS