Spotify & Concerts (not necessarily in that order)

Spotify & Concerts (not necessarily in that order)

LightenUpGear
Music Fan

Ever randomly go to a concert of a band you've never heard of and then discover afterwards they are on Spotify? I always love comparing the live experience with the recorded. A couple of bands that I happened upon within the past year or so and then found on Spotify include:

What about you?

5 Replies

Re: Spotify & Concerts (not necessarily in that order)

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @LightenUpGear Just started listening to Peter Wolf Crier -- how was that show? 

A couple of the bands I first heard at gigs this year: 

Jack_H
Spotify Legend

I know exactly what you mean. Discovering a band because they were good live is awesome. 

- I'd heard people talking about them a lot, but I hadn't listened to Public Service Broadcasting until they I saw them live. 

- Exactly the same thing with British Sea Power 

Darwin Deez has/have an interesting live show. They do these weird breaks between tracks to do choreographed dances, like the Four Tops or a motown band or something.

Tame Impala were suprisingly good live. I'd heard one song on advert, totally wasn't expecting a kind of prog live show.

- Gnarwolves were great fun too 

Community Manager
Community Manager

This could be shocking, but I didn't really appreciate The National until I saw them live in London. Friends had shared plenty of tracks but it didn't click for me until the High Violet tour. 

I've got to see Public Service Broadcasting  and British Sea Power. Tonight I'm seeing Golden Suits and Inlets--both new for me so I can't wait.

@Jack wrote:

I know exactly what you mean. Discovering a band because they were good live is awesome. 

- I'd heard people talking about them a lot, but I hadn't listened to Public Service Broadcasting until they I saw them live. 

- Exactly the same thing with British Sea Power 

Darwin Deez has/have an interesting live show. They do these weird breaks between tracks to do choreographed dances, like the Four Tops or a motown band or something.

Tame Impala were suprisingly good live. I'd heard one song on advert, totally wasn't expecting a kind of prog live show.

- Gnarwolves were great fun too 

LightenUpGear
Music Fan

Hi @Meredith.  I really enjoyed Peter Wolf Crier but it was at a festival in Rochester, MN so they were a little limited in what they could do. But all in all, I enjoyed their sound. 

LightenUpGear
Music Fan

Thanks for the music suggestions @Meredith and @Jack. I'll have to check out some of those artists.

Peace,

Erik

SUGGESTED POSTS