Spotify claims to have 25 milion songs.. yet plays the same 15 songs all day?

3 people liked this

Spotify claims to have 25 milion songs.. yet plays the same 15 songs all day?

Triple88a
Regular

Perhaps its just me however has anyone noticed that spotifys playlist is horrible?

In the beginning of the year they claimed to have 25 million songs yet in the radio function i get the same 15 songs that repeat with a different song on occasion.  Is my radio function broken or is just spotify horrible in playing the same songs over and over?

2 Replies

Re: Spotify claims to have 25 milion songs.. yet plays the same 15 songs all day?

LA_Import
Roadie
Radio and recommendations leave much to be desired. I love the new "Suggested Songs" feature for playlists, but it'll often recommend songs already in the list. Last.fm was much better at figuring out my tastes and rarely repeating songs. I've found a lot of great stuff on Spotify radio, but contextual recommendation leave much to be desired :/
Highlighted

Re: Spotify claims to have 25 milion songs.. yet plays the same 15 songs all day?

adisib
Community Legend

Yeah, on Radio I basically get 10 different songs, that will even repeat several times in a row. I spend 5 times as much time pressing the next song button than I do listening to music. Not only that, but the radio is the slowest part of Spotify; very slow and un-responsive for me.

But Spotify has tons of problems. I'm more concerned about a lot of other things before this. The only reason I still use Spotify is that all other services are just as terrible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
SUGGESTED POSTS