Spotify on Commercial Lots?

Highlighted

Spotify on Commercial Lots?

katsumii
Roadie

Question to staff and employers (and anyone else with an opinion :) ) : Do commercial businesses play Spotify radio? Would or could they?

If not, then would you subscribe (Unlimited/Premium) and air your Spotify playlist or station throughout your business? Instead of that Musak stuff... :P

I do not know what goes behind the scenes in restaurants, hotels, general retail stores, etc. But what would you say to a business that blasts a Spotify station? What about a sports bar that airs a Soundrop station? 

Personally, I think it would be awesome!!! Feel free to spout ideas, criticism, or extra comments.

And I am referring only to Spotify, not similar services... I was not sure where to put this topic! :-o

katsumii

Without music, life would B♭
6 Replies

Re: Spotify on Commercial Lots?

Josh
Community Legend

Hello!

Unfortunately the terms of service doesn't allow use of Spotify other then for personal use, you can read it here.

Hope this helped :)

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Peter__
Community Legend

Unfortunately @Josh is right here, anything beyond "personal, non-commercial" use of Spotify is against the terms of service. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

katsumii
Roadie
Aw, thanks for that, josh and Peter.

Then, let's discuss an alternate reality in which it were allowed. Because I'm still super curious of what it would be like! And how people would use it? What are your thoughts on my first post, if we were in a world of Spotify-offered-service-to-businesses for in-store radio air? (versus XM radio or FM radio or iTunes playlists.)

=) I can only imagine the sports bar scene...

*Gets out a piece of paper and begins a petition for Soundrop hosting in bars...*

Peter__
Community Legend

I think soundrop in bars, where you could vote on the music via a mobile phone app would be truly epic!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Community Manager
Community Manager

14877767-retro-vintage-jukebox-on-a-white-background-3d-model[1].jpg

Community Ergo Sum

katsumii
Roadie
Yes,

... but this is 2013! It's the future!
SUGGESTED POSTS