Spotify removed all my work 😭

Highlighted

Re: Spotify removed all my work 😭

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Yfnite 

I've looked into this and yes, the Spotify content team is not able to do so because the distributor would need to allow the tracks to be cleared and reinstated. There is not much the team can do at this point, unfortunately.

However I would suggest to start from scratch and maybe under a different distributor instead. You can check out this article on distributors for assistance. 🙂

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Have a nice day!

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Regular
Hi yes I'm planning to start from scratch again with a different distributor(s) but all my old tracks that have ISRC's are banned for life then?
Highlighted

Regular
Do you think the royalties are gone as well?

*snip*

Regular

Honestly I'm sick to my stomach, I just got my 2019 wrapped and I can clearly see it says "Your music took a world tour, fromEcuador to Indonesia you were heard in 78 countries (that's like an AUX cord stretching 11,893 miles.)", yet they have the audacity to claim I'm faking streams?! wth!!! My music is still banned. Can’t even use DistroKid anymore. All other distributors are not even replying, Spotify themselves keep saying for me to contact my distributor but literally no one is doing anything, no response from anyone. Thanks Spotify.

Highlighted

Re: *snip*

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Yfnite 

The questions regarding ISRC and royalties can be answered by DistroKid only as they handle both.

You could try reaching out to them and ask these questions:

1. whether these  ISRC codes actually mark the tracks as banned;
  2. whether it is possible to dissociate the tracks from the codes (so that you can have new codes assigned to your tracks upon switching distributor);
  3. what is going to happen with the songs royalties, based on the distribution, royalties and payment agreement you have with DistroKid.

I hope this gets resolved somehow!

Let me know how things go, have a lovely day!

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Regular
Hi I’ve tried contacting Distrokid and they keep closing my tickets with the same copy-paste generic answer saying there’s nothing they can do. It’s really bad. I’m on SoundCloud already. I’ve switched to LANDR and now I’m just hoping these tracks will be approved fine. And that there won’t be any ISRC bans imposed on my music.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hey maybe this will make you feel a little better. I know an artist on Distrokid who experienced this on one of his songs that had over 300K streams. He ended up releasing the song again through a different distributor (Tunecore). When the song was released again, it retained all of the previous streams in the stats. Somehow it still showed the previous 300K streams and continued from there on the new distributor. Not sure if he just lucked out or if this is a normal occurrence but worth some thought. Good Luck.

SUGGESTED POSTS