Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify's Year in Review 2014

Spotify's Year in Review 2014

I see Spotify's Year in Review is back, and the info goes a little deeper than last year.

Pop made up 32% of my listening last year, and 30% of the music I listened to originated from the US. Busiest day was Tuesdays, and in total I heard 172,000 minutes of music. Yikes, that's like 120 days, or something!

YIR2014.png

Quite an interesting read. Find your own here: https://www.spotify-yearinmusic.com/

Follow me
23 Replies

I really liked the Play it Forward list! Didn't seem like it just picked low-hanging fruit (e.g. same artists, cover bands, general top list).

I am very cursious what algorithms was behind it and what approach the team took. There are a lot of resources on how to build a recommendation system like this online and in litterature, but I would like to know which one the team picked and what rational was behind the choice.

If anyone involved in the project could elaborate a bit more on this it would be super interesting to hear!

Kind regards

Spotify, are you drunk?

So my top 5 artists: 1) Jack Johnson (not a fan) 2) Ed Sheeran (heard of him but don't know any of his music) 3) Nico & Vinz (never even heard of them) 4) Sam Smith (again, never even heard of him) 5) Queen (have a Queen playlist but it doesn't get a lot of plays).

Top 5 albums: 1) X by Ed Sheeran 2) In Between Dreams by Jack Johnson 3) From Here to Now to You by Jack Johnson 4) In The Lonely Hour by Sam Smith 5) Am I Wrong by Nico & Vinz

I have never listened to any of these albums...

My 10 top tracks are almost as bad with lots of songs I have never heard of. I listen exclusively to my playlists and saved albums and never Radio ( Use Pandora instead). How could it get this so wrong? Oh well had a bit of a laugh. Also it says I use my mobile app 23% of the time but it is probably 95% at least. I think I have used the app on my Mac twice.
Did Spotify get it so wrong for anyone else?

The mobile hour count isn't even remotely accurate for me, so I wouldn't put too much faith in your number.

The rest of the statistics don't really seem accurate to me but they're also not unbelievable as yours seem to be for you.

ohhhh yes i get the same wicked things.....songs i maybe have heard one time at a party or something is my most played song, top album i never heard! And 60minutes total spotify playtime in 2014...WHAT THE **bleep**!!!!!!!!!!??????

someone help us out here!?

I would like to see my correct year in review!

Suggested posts