Streetlight Manifesto and Catch 22's Keasby Nights albums are mixed up!

Streetlight Manifesto and Catch 22's Keasby Nights albums are mixed up!

Butterstheninja
Casual Listener

I'm not 100% sure this is the appropriate place but I couldn't find anywhere else to mention this.

On all Spotify played Catch 22's Keasby Night's album is actually Streetlight Manifesto's re-recording of it, and Streetlight Manifesto's release is the original Catch 22 version.

This is most obvious in the album versions of the song "1234 1234" where the version listed under Streetlight has the band talking to each other, and actually say that it is Catch 22, whereas the version listed under Catch 22 is an interview with the lead singer Tomas Kalnosky talking about how they were re-recording the album.

There is a little history between the two bands which you can find on their Biography pages, basically Streetlight Manifesto was formed by most of the Catch-22 members, and to avoid their record label redistributing Keasby Nights under Catch-22's name they opted to redo the entire album themselves.

In any case it's pretty annoying, and a bit of a slip-up on Spotify's side.

Just wanted to bring some light to this, and does anyone know of anywhere else similar things have happened, and how to actually report this to the proper place?

3 Replies

Re: Streetlight Manifesto and Catch 22's Keasby Nights albums are mixed up!

JayLB
Community Legend

The best way to report content errors like this is through here https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact Stating exactly everything you posted here while providing links to both releases for comparison. This could have just been a slight mixed up from the provider who uploaded the content, being there are so many digital distributors moving digital media around it is not surprising something like this happens, I have come across it before with other artists confusing a release title to a band name. In the meantime as a work around you could just create single album playlists of both releases and label the playlist names with the correct band name, and that way other users who see it in your profile will get the right release they are looking for as it could take some time before it gets updated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jay

What's a Spotify Rock Star/Rising Star and how do I become one?
Note I am not a Spotify Employee, I just help out around on the community!

| Spotify Profile | last.fm Profile | Send Me A Message | Twitter |

rabidfish
Casual Listener

It was right for me.

Either way, you could just not use spotify for those two albums because Victory Records is gonna end up profitting from it.

Mingle

This statement about Victory profiting is not based in reality. Digital distribution of these albums has little to do with Victory Records. The royalties from plays of both of these albums are distributed directly to the artists.

Also, I'll add that this issue has been fixed.

SUGGESTED POSTS