Survive without a record label

Survive without a record label

RO45
Roadie

Hello Spotify ! trying to find the right playlist Curators who are interested in Chillout/World music/New Age/Ambient/Instrumental/Sountrack. I have a new album that has very good critics from musicians and producers in those fields but because i chose to be independent and refused to be a slave for a record label, its really hard to find my audience.

I would love to connect with you guys.lets help music survive outside the mainstream.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6LPERZolzps92QQ4szIMuk?si=xAdfVamKTnmp3TVGauC1aQ

8 Replies

Re: Survive without a record label

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12

Hi @RO45 also you have this new track 

spotify:track:1Ga15DOJjlGYXsTjjESj5T:small

I think is pretty cool, I added to this thread Chill - Folk - Acoustic  I believe fits perfect for that Playlist. 

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 12
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

RO45
Roadie

Thank you very much, dear Javier, really appreciate the support.

VinceMillett
Roadie

What I have read elsewhere (and has worked for me) is this:  search on Spotify for appropriate Playlists (don't forget to check how many followers they have and how often they update it). You can usually see the curator's name but there is no way to message them. However, they usually have a Facebook or Instagram account also. So, search those sites for their name. Sometimes, of course, there's more than one person with the same name so you'll need to check their profiles carefully to see if they are the same person - they'll often mention their Spotify activity.  Facebook etc will allow you to message people so you can send them a brief, friendly, message suggesting they consider adding your track to their Spotify playlists.

This has worked for me!

Rising Star 11 ArtGravity
Rising Star 11

That's definitely a great strategy, @VinceMillett

ArtGravityRising Star 11
Highlighted

RO45
Roadie

Hello DavidMillet,

i somehow missed this message, anyway thank you for helping out.

Just consider one thing, if you try to find curators via Facebook which is very difficult and after all when you finally have found the right person and you send this person a message, that message unfortunately lands in their inbox for people who are no friends.And not everybody is checking out that inbox :-(

Rising Star 11 ArtGravity
Rising Star 11

For the "other" inbox reason you mentioned it can be helpful to interact in a group page to help you get to know each other. It definitely takes longer, but it is likely to be received in a far more useful fashion..

ArtGravityRising Star 11

Hey there @RO45,

Thanks for sharing your tunes here in the Community.

If you haven't already, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify for Artists FAQ article to find more info regarding promoting your music.

Hope this helps! Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

RO45
Roadie

Thank you Elise :-)

SUGGESTED POSTS