The DJ lets you pick 5 songs at a party

The DJ lets you pick 5 songs at a party

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey all! :)

Let's think ourselves into the following scene:

You're at a party in a large venue full of people. The music flows, pretty girls doing the wiggle, you're enjoying yourself. At some point you end up closer to the DJ and for your surprise he ends up being a very friendly and chilled out man. He shows you his laptop, hinting that every song in the world is in it, available to be mixed into the set right away. Awesome, right?

And then he lets you pick 5 songs to be played.

Which ones will you choose? :)

Maybe you want to surprise the crowd, or you're going to use this chance to hear music you never hoped to hear on this set, such as this wonderful tune by the Little Snake that keeps you awake and dancing at night. Perhaps you have some very good examples in style of 'When will the bass drop?' to keep the crowd on their toes.
Whatever it might be, now you have the chance to entertain the crowd!

The DJ is a very good one and will figure out how to add your suggestions in the mix for the most seamless music experience.

Just make sure you're not going to suggest anything that will ruin the mood of the party. :) Hence the rules:

1. Post 5 songs as play buttons. Preferrably each from different artist.
It's fine if you decide to make a small playlist of 5 songs.

2. All of the songs should be available on Spotify.
3. The genre doesn't really matter. No need to keep it purely electronic. Just make sure it's not a tear-jerker or otherwise unhappy song.

4. You can definitely post more than once. Make sure there's at least 1 legit post by someone else before yours!
5. Any posts that don't follow the game and its rules will be gracefully removed. :)

Click here to learn how to post Play buttons!

The reason for this sort of a game - I'm curious (once again), found this idea and figured it's a good way to find new awesome tracks. Probably some others will find something too!

Have fun! :)

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
3 Replies

Re: The DJ lets you pick 5 songs at a party

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey Sebasty! This is a fun/cool idea! :)
I love dance/high energy tracks and am posting a few that always get me going.
Not necessarily my top favorites, but they have potential to keep things moving and upbeat at a party. :D

1. Zedd is one of my favorite EDM artists and this Skrillex track definitely kicks up the original more to my liking.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3IBMJLY5uN014W1hTzdTRl?si=UX93cqA_RZqMp0AlhINH0g

2. This song (and most of Celldweller) is perfect for workouts. I always pop it on if I need something to push me a little harder with some cardio. It's pretty long and has some interesting shifts/layers.
https://open.spotify.com/track/70uUam9LBe8W6jumzvGqeq?si=-N9diOZ-TDKmLLi4g1af5Q

3. This one kind of took me by surprise. I forget how I found it as I didn't listen to this band, but I ended up enjoying it just for the Numetal/Industrial infused energy.
https://open.spotify.com/track/75XbSFs7Pf9fqGarGWGdia?si=kQ7M8WyUTRKdgYBugvtfqw

4. Axwell /\ Ingrosso are best known for "More Than You Know," but they have so many more amazing songs! This one makes a great slower dance song when you need a breather - or to go grab another drink - all without losing the groove. :)

https://open.spotify.com/track/5yx0nZiFbfE2VLVJ4dh0Rw?si=OxVPhrT6R3--cFjpnywwbQ 

5. I'm the kind of person that can go from something like Michael Jackson to Judas Priest in the span of 5 minutes. And since I LOVE classic 60's-80's rock/metal, there just had to be a feel good head-banger somewhere. \m/  \m/
https://open.spotify.com/track/1qBTLEa3lAZ6ieAxc9sEk3?si=o2o14O3GRoGPcFAMm8GV_g

It's hard to limit to just 5, but was interesting to narrow it down! :D

Bethany_DawnRock Star 7

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Awesome, @Bethany_Dawn! I like what you suggested, especially the touch of Skinny Puppy and Def Leppard :)

My own suggestions would be:

1. Something that will throw the roof off the venue. ;)

spotify:track:7nBFCwnYqgmNOOS5PrTlfN:small

2. A nice and very upbeat track to get your groove on!

spotify:track:0YC5YotbotOqm1YydSpkTZ:small

3. Get ready for some groundbreaking raw beat that will blow your mind and wake up people up to 10 blocks away!

spotify:track:7krDOMGmEEEVypjVboE9dU:small

4. A feel good track where the chorus will let you let it all out! (I expect the beat will get support from another track with same pace)

spotify:track:2Of99t0o0FQGLtHHVw3KGH:small

5. Something for PC nerds with not enough RAM. ;) Such a nice beat too!

spotify:track:5HxQl1YLBBD0yyZPCtdrnb:small

There are many great songs out there and these 5 are just a little entry I chose. :)

SebastyRock Star 16
Highlighted

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Cool, @Sebasty!

And thanks for the suggestions. Already checked them out. :)

Digging the feel on the Two Fingers track especially. Brings to mind some of "The Matrix" vibes for some reason - which is a win!

May have to check out more of Barclay Crenshaw too.

Bethany_DawnRock Star 7
SUGGESTED POSTS