The Deep Cuts: Grandaddy

The Deep Cuts: Grandaddy

blake
Community Legend

Grandaddy has among my favorite groups since the release of 2000's The Sophtware Slump,

Sophtware Slump

but I never realized how much I listened to them until I started scrobbling my listens in last.fm. Over the years, Grandaddy has been the single artist I've returned to the most, with my fandom only increasing after their dissolution/hiatus in 2006. 

In celebration of the new Grandaddy album released today, Last Place,

Last Place 

I thought I'd put together a playlist of my Grandaddy favorite tracks, with the stipulation that none of the tracks can be among the Top 10 'Popular' list. I've also tried to incorporate some B-sides and tracks from each of their major releases (except for The Broken Down Comforter Collection, because it doesn't liveup to the quality of their other releases). I also threw in a Jason Lytle track at the end, as the Grandaddy records are almost 100% written, tracked, and produced by Lytle (and also it's a killer cut).

Enjoy! I'd love to see other's favorite 'deep cuts' as well. 🙂

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: The Deep Cuts: Grandaddy

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Nice playlist Blake! 

I only heard one song from Grandaddy appeared in my Discover Weekly time ago (shared bellow) but never listened to other songs. I must admit that they have some great ones

spotify:track:5uIHdMiO0X7spUYmRnv0cf

MartinStoichkovRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS