Tip: Fresh find new music under the radar.

Highlighted

Tip: Fresh find new music under the radar.

Community Legend

Yesterday Spotify announced Fresh Finds. That is a cool feature.

However, if you want to get fresh find from brand new music that haven't got any attention at all, and is completely new, just type 

"tag:hipster" in the search box. You can now discover fresh finds that no one before has picked up. A good way to support and find new emerging musicians that has not get the attention from tastemakers they desire!

There is a lot of content on Spotify that never has got any attention, so dig and find new gems that otherwise would never be played!

18 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Tip: Fresh find new music under the radar.

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

@krikelin

Not sure that "tag:hipster" brings what you say

Here is what we see at the top of results :

"Wishbone Ash, Alice Cooper, Steel Pulse, Gladys Knight, Brian Wilson, Mary J. Blige... etc"

All these artists are not really birds of the year 🙂

SoundofusRock Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Roadie
I have this playlist i will update, and workin on more.
https://open.spotify.com/user/1114177637/playlist/3bYkKn0DMxAq3AT4X6NeuQ
Highlighted

Community Legend
Just letting you know -
you might want to use the "insert link" and enter the URI link copied from your Spotify playlist instead of using HTTPS link -
that way, more users will be able to open your list directly in their player, and consequently, you might get more followers 🙂

Eiler
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

Highlighted

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

Hello @EilerWessel

That's true that an embed play button is way better in a topic but link as : https://open.spotify...... is ok too.

What it needs to avoid is link starting by https://play.spotify....

SoundofusRock Star 19
Highlighted

Community Legend

thanks @soundofus,

my experience with the embedded open.spotify.. link though, is that it opens in web browser instead of in player - same as for play.spotify.. links. This happens for others I have talked to as well. Any tips on whether this might be sorted out?

Highlighted

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

@EilerWessel

)

- Embed button is in this format (to get it ==> right click on a playlist title and select : "Copy embed code"

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify%3Auser%3Aga8%3Aplaylist%3A3AXWz7LAgqCvefzq13hGjW" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

and has to be pasted in HTML mode in a topic.

- https://open.spotify... is a playlist link  (to get it ==> right click on a plylist title and select : "Copy Playlist Link"

It can be pasted in a topic in Rich Text mode using the symbol insert/edit link.

The links open.spotify... will be played instantly on a webrowser when the desktop app is installed.

- All the https://play.spotify... links will open the Spotify web app and will take longer to open and play.

SoundofusRock Star 19
Highlighted

Regular
How do you tag your own music as "hipster", or anything for that matter? So that it shows up in a search like this?
Highlighted

Regular

@Eiler wrote:
you might want to use the "insert link" and enter the URI link copied from your Spotify playlist instead of using HTTPS link -
that way, more users will be able to open your list directly in their player, and consequently, you might get more followers 🙂

Eiler

Hi Eiler, does this also work for artists, playlists or albums? Until now, I couldn't find the way of making it work. And it canot be so difficult! Also the follow feature in the signature only gives mistakes acording to the description which I followed avant la letre. Is a video telling how it is? It cannot be so dificult!

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hi @Brigida!

Yes, you can copy the address from playlists, albums and artists - and it really isn't that difficult, just follow these few easy steps:

Find the playlist, album or artist you want to insert a player for, click the title or name, and click COPY SPOTIFY URI

URIa.jpg

In the post you are making, click Insert/edit link when cursor is where you want the miniplayer to be

URIb.jpg

paste in the URI link

URIc.jpg

And the link will show in post like this:

URId.jpg

That's it! When you submit the post, miniplayer will show correctly.

-Regarding your issue with the Follow feature in signature, I cannot find any posts of yours to see what might be wrong, but if you enter the following in your signature, (using your profile's URI instead of mine);

<a href="spotify:user:1113455200">My Spotify profile</a>

It should show correctly. Let me know if this still doesn't work.

Hope this clears up any problems regarding your issue, otherwise give me a shout 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS