Trying to Find Artist That Was on my Previous Discover Weekly Playlist - Leclerc

Trying to Find Artist That Was on my Previous Discover Weekly Playlist - Leclerc

ahimsa9
Casual Listener

I have read that there's no way to personally recover a Discover Weekly playlist that has been replaced by a new one. But I can't remember all of the artists/songs that I would have liked to save. Is it possible for someone at Spotify recover my last playlist if I contact them? If not, does anyone know of an artist with the last name Leclerc (or similar) that has a synthpop/80s sound? Many thanks for suggestions/help.

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Trying to Find Artist That Was on my Previous Discover Weekly Playlist - Leclerc

user-removed
Not applicable

@ahimsa9

Hello:

Not much can be done right now with missing songs from past Discover Weekly playlists as they are copied over week to week. 

There are a few handy tools that can help you here though. First up is creating a last.fm account here: http://www.last.fm/ and then you can connect the music scrobbeling service to both the Spotify desktop and also mobile apps in the settings options of both apps. Using last.fm keeps tracks of all music played, and users can go back in time to their very first music scrobbel, from their profile page under Recent Tracks, and Spotify users will always have a quick way to see what was played any time.

Next up users can use this recipe from this service here: https://ifttt.com/recipes/311873-discover-weekly-archive when connected to your Spotify user account, users using this recipe it makes an archive backup to any playlist the user wishes to use for Discover Weekly playlists, or the recipe will create a new back up playlist for the user automatically using the simple setup instructions. I use this recipe weekly, and I always take a quick peek at what songs where added to my Discovery Weekly Archive playlist, versus what is in the Spotify Discover Weekly playlist every Monday. As I am like that with some things, things never work perfectly. 🙂

I do this just to make sure everything added over, and this recipe also discards duplicate songs, so no worries of the same multiple songs added to the archive.

Also doing the Discover Weekly Archive allows you to go back later to check out other content by artists in the DW playlist from those artists pages, makes a handy quick link library shortcut to check out other content later by artists when time permits, like say the weekend maybe when busy life slows down some. 🙂

Highlighted

Re: Trying to Find Artist That Was on my Previous Discover Weekly Playlist - Leclerc

BenitoKCM
Roadie

Hi @ahimsa9

The song that came to my mind is Shinny boots by Situation Leclerq.

Highlighted

ahimsa9
Casual Listener

Thanks for all the info!

Highlighted

ahimsa9
Casual Listener

That's not the tune I'm looking for, but I like it! Thanks for the suggestion.

Highlighted

ahimsa9
Casual Listener

The artist reappeared on a subsequent playlist. It's Henric de la Cour and the song is Chasing Dark!

SUGGESTED POSTS