Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Weekly Music Recap 05/20: Edward Artemiev – Resurrection (Reinier Zonneveld 2020 Remix)

Weekly Music Recap 05/20: Edward Artemiev – Resurrection (Reinier Zonneveld 2020 Remix)

From Russia to the Netherlands, the journey continues into the wide world of Weekly Music Recap 05_20_ Edward Artemiev - Resurrection (Reinier Zonneveld 2020 Remix).jpgtechno. Reinier Zonneveld transforms the Trans-Sibirian Railway into a racing car.

Edward Artemiev – Resurrection (Reinier Zonneveld 2020 Remix)

Do you know the song ‘Siberiada ‘? No? Same here. It was written by the Russian composer Eduard Nikolajewitsch Artemjew and is the title melody of the film ‘Sibiriade‘. But maybe you know the track ‘Resurection’, which landed the Russian music project PPK in the charts almost 20 years ago.

Anyway. The 131 bpm techno version by Reinier Zonneveld  instantly impressed me. Such a beautiful melody paired with nice techno beats is fantastic. With a little bit of irony you could assign the track to melodic techno 😉 I don’t want to analyse and explain the track in more detail. Reinier (or rather his team) has already done this excellently at SoundCloud . I recommend to read it, it’ s written really detailed.

At Wikipedia it would be the trivia/miscellaneous section:

•  Reinier Zonneveld has mentioned Eduard Nikolajewitsch Artemjew as author/original artist, although PPK’s version is much closer to his.
  • PPK did not mention Eduard Nikolayevich Artemyev at all (but legally he is registered as author/original artist) and gave the melody a new title (Resurection).
  • Reinier Zonneveld mentioned Eduard Nikolajewitsch Artemjew as author/original artist, chose the title of PPK, but changed it a little bit (Resurrection).

Interesting, isn’t it?

There is no doubt that ‘Resurrection’ is at the top of the TECHNO Complex playlist this week. By the way, the other two tracks I spontaneously liked in my Spotify Release Radar today (the so-called ‘Radar Picks‘, which I publish every Friday at Instagram) are Solar  (Henri Bergmann) and Ayahuasca (Wankemut).

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3ifXguT2UIneWLvg0jlZc3

0 Replies

Suggested posts