What Happened to Gish and Siamese Dream??

Highlighted

What Happened to Gish and Siamese Dream??

stangcrazy21

Smashing Pumpkins Gish and Siamese Dream disappeared a few days ago. I am a HUGE SP fan and listen to these albums almost daily. What happened? Will they be back?

9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: What Happened to Gish and Siamese Dream??

nonstopdigital
Roadie

I noticed that too,  I also noticed that those albums are on Beats and Xbox Music.  What gives?

Highlighted

Joe
Community Legend

Where in the world are you guys? A quck search of the spotify database shows that 

Siamese Dream is available in the following countries: AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CH CL CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE ES FI FR GB GR GT HK HN HR HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT MX MY NI NL NO NZ PA PE PH PL PT PY RO SE SG SI SK SV TR TW UY

and

Gish is available in the following countries: AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CH CL CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE ES FI FR GB GR GT HK HN HR HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT MX MY NI NL NO NZ PA PE PH PL PT PY RO SE SG SI SK SV TR TW UY

Highlighted

nonstopdigital
Roadie

United States.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

True for some reason those first two albums have been withdrawn from spotify in the U.S. but they are availble through a much lesser quality music streaming site in the U.S. for free. I am hoping it is just a licensing issue and once renewed the content will be back for U.S. listeners on spotify. The material from the box set Aeroplane Flies High was added last year to mark the new reissue that came out. The new set comes with a sixth disk of live material and a 7th a dvd of a live show in Belfort, France. Maybe the new versions to show up of Gish and Siamese Dream will be the 2011 reissued versions with the bonus content.

Highlighted

deonetalevy

Wow you were spot on about that. The re-mastered version of Siamese Dream is on Spotify now. I haven't checked for Gish yet.

Highlighted

buckandtiff

will gish ever be back? im bummed to see that its gone

Highlighted

nonstopdigital
Roadie

Life's a  bummer...when you're a hummer.

Highlighted

jcpolo

Ya this is really frustrating to me, I just found this song snail on a recent movie release and now I cannot find the album!

Highlighted

Dragonflymike77
Music Fan
I was also incredibly disappointed when they did not have either. Siamese Dreams has been added but Gish is not there. 😞 it is one of my favorite albums and I was very bummed not to see it. And nice reference nonstopdigital
SUGGESTED POSTS