What happened to Genres?

What happened to Genres?

Eli
Roadie

When I try to browse for genres I can no longer find Trance, Electronic or World Music, what's going on? that's crazy that they removed that, any ideas? Who had this great idea to remove that? I really hope this is a bug, it helped me discover lots of music through the years I have used Spotify.

5 Replies

Re: What happened to Genres?

Fostp010

alt is gone too :(

Eli
Roadie
Yeah, just noticed that, this truly sucks, what in the world were they thinking?

user-removed
Not applicable

@Eli

Hello:

Under GENRES and MOODS, go to EDM/Dance, electronic genre is there, in order to find trance you have to click on the bubble that says SHOW MORE to see a trance curated playlist. you might also have to hit the bubble again that says SHOW ALL to get a listing of all playlist under this section.

I believe world music has been split up between different genres now as there ended up being so many self created playlists, and since world music tends to blend into other music styles anyway. You should find something worthwhile in Folk & Americana, Latino, Indie/Alternative/ Jazz/ Blues/ R&B/ Soul/ Raggae?

Eli
Roadie

@JayLB thanks! I would rather see a whole list of all artists by Genre in alphabetical order, why is it for Spotify to do this? the playlists idea is not really of my liking :-(

user-removed
Not applicable

@Eli

Hello:

I did find a little bit easier way to fine tuning genra searching. This used to be under the Echonest features in the Spotify service but this search option has since migrated into the Spotify service. Use this search string in the search window of the Spotify desktop app: The sound of [Trance] and now make sure to click on the search returns under PLAYLISTS, and you can do this with other genre names as well, just substitue The sound of [Genre] with the correct genre name to narrow down searches.

SUGGESTED POSTS