What helps you get your music discovered on Spotify?

What helps you get your music discovered on Spotify?

Maddy_Sundquist
Roadie

It looks like quite a few people on here are looking to share their own music, and music that they love. I was thinking we could start a thread that is about how people have found success in promoting themselves on spotify and different music platforms. After all you want people to hear what you've poured yourself into! That could be a playlist, your profile, or some dope tracks that you've spent months on! By sharing what you've done we can hear a little bit of what you've been working on, and also help each other out! 

What those could be:

Getting playlist adds

Getting people to follow your profile

Getting blogs to notice you

Getting people to follow your playlists

Anything you've found helpful in the land of spotify!

Put your ideas below! I love seeing how creative people get!

I dig through the internet to find new music so you don't have to!
2 Replies

Re: What helps you get your music discovered on Spotify?

Maddy_Sundquist
Roadie

I'll put the first ones!

For Playlisters- I've noticed that people that have playlists that refresh every week have the most followers! People don't have to keep following some new one, but when you know its gonna come out every week at a certain time it's something to look forward to. Think about New Music Friday.

For bands- The first step when you hit that 250 followers mark is get verified. That nice little blue check can do you wonders. I know that when I'm looking at a band, or for new music it makes them look more credible, and I have a higher chance of actually hitting play.

Here is a playlist I've been working on for a while. I just add new songs to it whenever something is worth adding. Take a listen, and follow me on spotify to see what I'm listening to on the daily. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1223475656/playlist/1RiwzoeOKmEDq7aKxlKjBv

Re: What helps you get your music discovered on Spotify?

Maddy_Sundquist
Roadie

Just bringing this back in hopes I'll get some replies! 

SUGGESTED POSTS