Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is your fav album? :)

What is your fav album? :)

Heyho!

i wanted to talk about your favorite album and why you like it. ( I don’t want to exchange playlist here, I just want to have a discussion.) 

some of my favorite albums are:

Currents - Take Impala 

Trilogy - The Weeknd 
Fan of a Fan - Chris Brown

Wiped out! - The Neighbourhood 

I would really appreciate your replies. thank you very much and have a nice day 😉 

22 Replies

My favorite album is Elder’s Dead Roots Stirring (released in 2011), as it is one of the few albums where I really enjoy listening to all the tracks on it. The songs are all relatively long, with multiple movements, and are rife with great melodies and catchy riffs. Each of Elder’s albums has shown the band’s sound evolving over time; and I particularly like their eponymous Elder (2008), Lore (2015), and The Gold & Silver Sessions (2019) as well. However, for me Dead Roots Stirring is their best one, perhaps because the band’s sound on it delves into progressive and psychedelic elements, while still being rooted in the heavy stoner rock/doom metal sound of their self-titled album:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4N5iqXMXJUZMUzhxDqYQxp?si=y3Y86TqGSNaR-FIfuekjLQ

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I like synthwave and almost all its sub-genres, so my fave albums are:
At 1980 - A Thousand Lives (2020)
Ollie Wride - Thanks in Advance (2019)
Yota - Hazy Paradise (2020)
Signal Void - This Liminal Reality (2019)
DEADLIFE - City of Eternal Rain (2020)

Recently, I've been listening to a combo of more recent indie/acoustic artists and older music. Some of my favorite albums are:

Echo of Youth by Winterbourne

Thank You for Today by Death Cab for Cutie

Teaser and the Firecat by Yusuf/ Cat Stevens

Beautiful Collision by Bic Runga

Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel

What Ark has been creating lately

While it's not a full Album, more so an EP, it's directly associated with the album that came before it, Leave This Town. I love them both, but The B-Sides have a special place in my heart, and I can relate to them more than songs on the main album, so it sorta outclasses it in my opinion. There's also a CD Bonus Track "Back Again" and it's pretty solid too.

spotify:album:1oIFii3jqJISLNrfI6DIo4 

My favorite track off the EP is One Last Chance.

The Beatles album called the 'Revolver' is my favorite.  

https://open.spotify.com/album/3PRoXYsngSwjEQWR5PsHWR?si=dVHr7n3ORMWmaLHFIXaQOw

Best album that came out when I was alive was 

https://open.spotify.com/album/1ySR0W1hHxPDKCBWdvzRvc?si=5CrLBy1KRWK3lHhFhpzVKA

Melophobia by Cage the Elephant!!!!

I could reel off Crowded House's entire discography here but I'll stick with the self titled album which has "Don't Dream It's Over", "Something So Strong" and "Mean to Me" among its tracks, I just love it even if it feels a little short.

Also loving "Future Nostalgia" by Dua Lipa, "The TrashCannon Album" by Caitlyn Cannon and "Feral" by RVG

Good Kid MAAD City - Kendrick

All Amerikkkan **bleep** - Joey Bada$$

Clapton's Live Album

Synchronicity - The Police

My top 5

David Bowie- Ziggy Stardust and the Spider for mars

King Krule- The Ozz

MCR- 3 Cheers fot he sweet Revenge

Arcade Fire- Reflecktor

Crystal Castle- Crystal Castle 

My favorite albums change frequently. Herbie Hancock: Headhunters, Stevie Wonder: Innervisions, Tribe Called Quest: Low End Theory and J Dilla: Donuts spend a lot of time on my top however.

I'd had one or two songs from Ultrarare liked for a while but only recently listened to their whole album Product Placement and, though not every song got a heart, it's rare that i can listen to an album by one artist (as opposed to a list of multiple) all the way through and want to loop it.

I don't know what you call it but it's hip-hop-pop-metal and hit me extra hard as one that my friend who recently passed would have dug.

Rest in peace Carson.

Right now my fav album has to be street talk by K2B. He is underground but I really like his music so yeah

I would highly agree with you on Trilogy.That album is off the beats.
Moved:

- - This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

🙂

😞

booooo

killjoy

I would probably have to go with:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯ A♯ ∞

Susquatch - In This World

Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation

Abul Mogard - Circular Forms

Suggested posts