Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is your favourite artist / band from the 2000s :)

What is your favourite artist / band from the 2000s :)

Heyho!

I wanted to discuss artists / bands from the 2000s and why you liked them and their music and if it impacted your life in any way or the taste of your music.

My fav band from the 2000s is probably Linkin Park, because they talked about things in their songs and every person interpreted the lyrics behind the songs differently, and because they combined rap with rock and these are both genres that I like.

2 Replies

My favorite band from the 2000s is probably Dead Meadow, as they released four albums during that time period that I still enjoy listening to quite a bit, including Dead Meadow (2000), Howls from the Hills (2001), Feathers (2005), and Old Growth (2007). Since then, they’ve released a few other albums during the 2010s; however their output in the 2000s for the most part includes my favorite tracks of theirs, as well as the majority of their Popular tracks on Spotify.

I first found out about this band while on iTunes in high school, and I liked their music enough from the previews there to buy their self-titled album as well as Feathers on CD. I think that what drew me to this band is probably their frequent use of layered, effects-laden guitars; the repetitive instrumental sections in many of their songs; and an overall “psychedelic” sound.

As for how this band impacted my life or taste in music, I think that perhaps the most immediate effect of listening to their music during high school was that it got me interested in listening to other modern psychedelic rock bands, in addition to the classic ones from the 1960s and '70s like Pink Floyd, Hawkwind, and The Doors that I’d been enjoying listening to frequently at the time. After discovering Dead Meadow, I soon found out about other psych bands while in college that I still enjoy listening to, such as Wooden Shjips and Comets on Fire.

And I think in a way, this band introduced me to stoner rock music (probably my favorite genre currently), as they were the first band that I discovered in the genre. I only found out about most of the other stoner rock bands that I currently listen to late in the 2010’s; however, I think it’s possible that Dead Meadow instilled an appreciation for this genre within me early on, which I would later tap into while discovering and listening to other stoner rock bands via Spotify and Last.fm.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the cool topic, @Heythatsme

The 00s were a broad era that included important periods of my life starting from early teenage years to graduating university. Thus I can mention a lot of favorite artists, but I'll just list a few examples here. 

spotify:track:5Ew15rnMFzIytOKVQOQuk7:small 

spotify:track:6kHRSheOcWAy7Z4IlP8ZKp:small 

spotify:track:6W2Ef5Ph6ILTUAedoQ3QIv:small 

spotify:track:3NN9Dmx74OPYPbm8lRbKsl 

spotify:track:77XwQEPxhY65b8rPszET9u:small  

Suggested posts