What matters to You in a Playlist?

Highlighted

Re: What matters to You in a Playlist?

fduniho
Roadie

Since answering your questions, I checked out your playlists and have been listening to some. I'm currently listening to What's Popping Sept '16, and I also listened to Alternative Epic and Strings Under the Lights. I really like your album art. You seem to be using old record covers, sometimes with new artwork. I recognized one image, which I have previously seen on these two very different albums:

spotify:album:0qBidyI3uvlBd9UOKBhyxR

spotify:album:3b2s2A8DPISbaQNxhrEsGQ

In general, using quality artwork for your playlists shows that you're putting some original thought into creating them. I also like that you use very clever, catchy titles that suggest something about what the playlist is about while also appealing to the imagination. This creativity also shows that you think of your playlists as works of art and not just some convenient compilations of related music.

Highlighted

Machiel_M
Roadie

First of all, my compliments on your playlists' art work!!! I LOVE it - I'm actually a bit jealous of them!!! Wish I had thought of that 🙂

1. Do you Like Monthly Playlist with the latest tracks ?
    Well yes! The problem is that there are so many new songs on Spotify each month - I get the feeling that there is not enough time to listen to all the music every month. Thus my "monthly" playlists are too big and I never get to sort them out. I would love to have my own top 100 songs of every month, but I end up with like 300-500 songs per month.

2. Do you Like Themed Playlist around a genre or a mood?
    I sure do, but unfortunately I seldom find a list that really suits my mood... After four or five songs I get restless and start looking for another list...

3. Do you like clever titled playlists or one that are direct about the mix?
    I love clever titles, but unfortunately they're not searchable (or should I say findable). Usually I'll find them by browsing a profile on Spotify, which I seldom do...

4. Do you like New tracks put on the top or blended into the mix?
    Yes definitely! (Don't do it myself, though!)

5. Do playlists updated daily, weekly or it matter?
    If there is no movement in a playlist in the last few months, I quickly click it away...

6. Do you like playlists that refresh all the songs or just keep adding new tracks?
    Both. But I hate playlists that refreshes the whole list, but with (some of) the songs that used to be in there, so it's difficult to see which songs were added later than other...

7. Does the length of a mix matter? If so what’s your preferred track limit 30, 50 100?
    Doesn't matter, as long as it's not too many per artist - sometimes it's as if a person just adds complete albums to his playlists - I don't like that.

8. Do you like playlist with an already set order where songs blend well or do you like to play on Random?
    Both.

9. Is there anything that really makes you enjoy a mix that you haven’t mentioned?
    Forgotten and unknown songs (that I like, of course!) make me happy.
Highlighted

Rock Star 1
Rock Star 1

@fduniho That image is from an awesome site www.unsplash.com. It's a free photo site, with some great photography. Thanks for taking the time to listen, I appreciate it. I'm a Graphic Designer so I love doing album artwork. I do mostly corporate design and these covers are a chance for me to design something different that I have complete control over. It's nice to know that the artwork & titles convey the love & care I have for making these mix's. 

JESquareRock Star 1
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Rock Star 1
Rock Star 1

@Machiel_M thanks for the compliment, I hope when people stumble on one of my playlists that it's my artwork that helps it stand out and make them possibly hit play. 

JESquareRock Star 1
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

DonSolare
Roadie
Hey @JESquare
if you are a Graphic Designer... I am constantly looking for Graphic
Designers for the Artwork of my albums. Do write me a few lines (direct
message?) if you have -in principle- interest, time, energy, for this.
Thanks
Juan

SUGGESTED POSTS