Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's your favourite Reggae song?

What's your favourite Reggae song?

Post your favourite reggae song below!

Mine is  Chronixx – Eternal Fire

31 Replies

Hey There! 🙂

Peter Tosh – Legalize It

😄

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

UB40 – Red Red Wine

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hello !!

Rudy, A Message To You - Dandy livingstone

"A Message to You, Rudy" is a 1967 rocksteady song by Dandy Livingstone. The song, originally entitled "Rudy, A Message to You" later achieved broader success when, in 1979, The Specials cover reached number 10 in the UK Singles Chart.

Shy Fx

"Soon Come"

I'd say another song is really a favorite track of mine but I'm not quite sure if it can be listed as "Reggae":

Irie Révoltés

"Soleil"

Hello !!

Althea and Donna - Uptown top ranking

"Uptown Top Ranking" is a song and single by the Jamaican teenage singers Althea Forrest and Donna Reid, recorded when they were 17 and 18 years old respectively.[

Released in 1977, it was a surprise hit reaching number 1 in the UK Singles Chart in February 1978

Too many to mention, but this has always been a favorite!

Hello !

Ken Boothe - Everything I Own ( 1974 )

Ken Boothe OD (born 22 March 1948) is a Jamaican vocalist known for his distinctive vibrato and timbre. Boothe achieved an international reputation as one of Jamaica's finest vocalists through a series of crossover hits that appealed to both reggae fans and mainstream audience

Hello !

Peter tosh - I'm the toughest ( 1978 )

Hello !

"Don't Look Back" is a 1965 song recorded by The Temptations for the Gordy (Motown) label.
In 1978 Peter Tosh and Mick Jagger covered it as a reggae tune as "(You Gotta Walk And) Don't Look Back".

Sorry I couldn't answer your question, but here's my top eighteen reggae songs I can think of.

In no particular order:

Mix Up by the Gladiators

Ba Ba Boom Time by The Jamaicans

Marcus Garvey by Burning Spear

Pagan Pay Gone by Midnite

Tell Me Where You Get It by Culture

You Don't Love Me (No no no) by Dawn Penn

Police and Theives by Jurnior Murvin

Satta Massagana, Abendigo and Leggo Beast  by The Abyssinians

And an eight way tie for best Bob Marley song:

Concrete Jungle

Midnight Ravers

Rat Race, Small Axe

I Shot the Sheriff

Burnin' and Lootin

LIvely Up Yourself

Natty Dread

Trench Town

Hello !

"Israelites" is a song written by Desmond Dekker and Leslie Kong that became a hit for Dekker's group, Desmond Dekker & The Aces, peaking in 1969. Although few could understand all the lyrics, the single was the first UK ska number one and among the first to reach the US top ten. It combined the Rastafarian religion with rude boy concerns, to make what has been described as a "timeless masterpiece that knew no boundaries".

Hello !

"54-46 (That's My Number)" is a song by Fred "Toots" Hibbert, recorded by Toots & the Maytals ( 1968 ) and originally released on the Beverly's label in Jamaica and the Pyramid label in the UK. A follow-up version released a year later (as "54-46 Was My Number") was one of the first ska songs to receive widespread popularity outside Jamaica and is seen as being one of the defining songs of the reggae genre. ( Wikipedia )

Hello!

Keith & Tex were the Jamaican rocksteady duo of Keith Rowe and Texas Dixon, best known for their 1967 hit "Stop That Train".

Hi there Reggae lovers!

I don't have just 1 song i like, i collected them over the years and i made a playlist of them wich i like to share with you!

Best Reggae Playlist Ever

I think my favorite is miss Beverly from Ijahman Levi, yes, its in the list!

Enjoy!

@Brusher

Hello, and welcome to the community

Congratulations! super post

This tune is awesome! 

Follow me

spotify:track:3Rec9TmkwLGWsWyvWBkPwM

One of the great reggae singers of all time (I think) was the late BIm Sherman. This is the remixed version of Solid as a rock -remixed by Steve Osborne 

Follow me

This is a brilliant album.
Follow me

Suggested posts