What's your first live encounter with a band/DJ/Singer

2 people liked this

What's your first live encounter with a band/DJ/Singer

JCdotnl
Roadie

Hey! 

I'm curious about your first encounter with a DJ/Band or Singer.

Mine .. I remember it like it was only a few days ago.
I'm a big fan of Tiesto. And in 2010 he was also the first DJ I saw live. 
I was 15 and it  was Queensday ( A national celebration day for the queen in the Netherlands )
His set and the show overall had such a impact on me, it was my first live encounter and I will never forget it ! 

Video

So now it's your turn ! Tell your story about the first live event you've encountered. And if there is a video of this event put it in your post.

- Jordy

3 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: What's your first live encounter with a band/DJ/Singer

Jack_H
Spotify Legend

I like this thread!

I'm pretty sure the first gig I ever went to was Hundred Reasons in Cambridge, UK. From a quick google looks to have been back in 2002.

It was the first night of their first headlining tour, so they were probably as excited as I was for it. I still think Ideas Above Our Station is a great album, probably mostly because I associate it with that gig.

Pretty sure they played this as the last track of the night: 

1 person liked this

JayLB
Community Legend

Lets see my first big impression at a live show was in 1986 at an Armored Saint concert who were supporting Saxon on tour in the States. This was a time when it was possible to get up close and personal to performing bands. I hopped on stage and head banged and rock out with the then but now is the late Guitarist David Prichard while he was shredding away playing live. I remember it vividly as if it was just yesterday. My next big impression was at my first big Metal show in 87 where I went to see Iron Maiden live the first time. With their fantastic large stage show and fantastic musical abilities the show blew me away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jay

What's a Spotify Rock Star/Rising Star and how do I become one?
Note I am not a Spotify Employee, I just help out around on the community!

| Spotify Profile | last.fm Profile | Send Me A Message | Twitter |

1 person liked this

Community Manager
Community Manager

My first gig was The Goo Goo Dolls with Third Eye Blind supporing (hello 90s). 

Pretty sure it was in Atlanta, GA which was a very long 3 hr drive away. I was crazy about Dizzy Up The Girl when it came out that opened up the gate for me as far as discovering new music and going to any live show I could get to in South Carolina. And Third Eye Blind were equally brilliant live. I actually saw them again at a New York Mets game last year #nostalgia. 

SUGGESTED POSTS