What's your most heretical music opinion?

Re: What's your most heretical music opinion?

mangadreamery
Roadie

I prefer Tim Buckley's original Song to the Siren to This Mortal Coil's version. I'm only using this as an example because other than All Along the Watchtower (I'd rather hear Bob sing it), it is the only example I have and the latter is pretty weak. Song To The Siren is one of my favorite songs of all time, and although Tim's version lacks the vocal tricks that Fraser is so great at, Tim's voice is so unique and pained yet beautiful. Plus he wrote it, so it feels more raw of course.

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

My Favorite Tracks of 2015

If I helped, mark my answer as solution to help other users solve similar issues, please don't forget to send kudos if you like any answers.

What is a Rock Star and how you can become one? Click here to find out!

Jackdaw12
Roadie
I love reading all of these! I don't think by opinion is too unpopular...

I prefer the Original 'All is Full of Love Mix' by Björk, compared to the album version mixed by Howie B. I find that the trippy beats mixed with harps take the song to whole new heavenly level. .

Original mix:
https://open.spotify.com/track/6CcjHv7QeoSbf21mfcfcNg

Album Version:
https://open.spotify.com/track/3XtQfTcqe5pNEsU1RI2vIC

UeberDeSuper
Music Fan

The majority of today's mainstream Pop is mainly about narcissism, it is the equivalent of Teenage girls posting "sexy" pictures on Instagram.

crematedman
Community Legend

@UeberDeSuper Heretical to the industry maybe!

Any sensible person can see that though :P

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

I don´t know if is hertical o not my option but I'm going with the man in black

spotify:track:28cnXtME493VX9NOw9cIUh:small

over the original from Nine Inch Nails

spotify:track:1lo9k4PrxFd5Np4cAxXoK:small

For me it´s  hard beacause I love both songs

JpgchiefRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

flypaperflowers
Roadie
I agree and prefer the Cash version myself. It's his voice... so tremulous and haunting, that does it for me. When he sings these lyrics, I believe him; he is so compelling I have no choice. It's no stretch of the imagination to see him having lived and felt these words.

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

I couldn't have said it any better ....
I totally agree with you
His voice and his life support him to be able to sing this song as it was his own inspiration!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

elagi
Regular

Would greatly appreciate if you checked out my music cover at this link!! > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfhvy_v_L2I&lc=z13st54qjnfyy5xty22ct3ozkuif11cq … thanks so much! xox

flypaperflowers
Roadie

Is it heretical to say I usually don't like listening to live albums at home? Don't get me wrong... I love to go to live shows and listen to the artist's uncut versions of the album songs. It's especially entertaining when they throw in a little twist, something just a bit different from what you would hear in the studio. For example, I am a big fan of a Canadian Latin guitarist called Oscar Lopez. Went to see him and his Irish friend serve up a unique mashup of styles they affectionately dubbed "Celtino." :D It was a small, intimate theater in the artsy part of the city, and that only added to the vibe as Oscar tuned his guitar to produce wonderfully jazzy, off key renditions of his songs that raised goosebumps on my arms. He also broke a couple of guitar strings. Unfortunately, I don't get quite the same pleasure listening to most (not all) live music at home.

They used to say "you have a face for radio," which was a way of saying you sound better than you look. The advent of the music video changed all this, and put more of a focus on an artists' looks. I have noticed that the stars who became famous before the 1980s are often excellent live. They had to be. I don't think that's so much a case for today. Producers have an important job!  

Highlighted

TheFatalLozenge
Casual Listener
There are some great covers. But they'll always be just covers.

One of my favorite covers is The Music Machine's version of "hey joe"
SUGGESTED POSTS