What type of genre is this?

What type of genre is this?

benmxc
Casual Listener

I love music but suck when it comes to genres, like if something is considered rock or light rock etc., so I was wondering what type of genre this song is considered and if anyone could share some songs similar to this type of music because I love it :c.

2 Replies

Re: What type of genre is this?

JayLB
Community Legend

@benmxc

Ah this was is an easy one, this is Folk music with a touch of alternative musical direction thrown in, one could say that this is Alternative Folk music. This song does seem to have a slight flare with American Bluegrass, which again American Bluegrass drew upon older European folk music influences to begin with anyway. Found a webpage on the artist here: https://novoamor.bandcamp.com/

You can do a search in the Spotify service for Folk music, but beware Folk music has branched out into other sound influences. Traditional Folk, Americana, European Folk music based on local regions and other influences such as, American Country Folk, Folk Rock - Neil Young is an example here of Folk Rock, but even he has branched out into the American Country-Folk musical influences as well, there is also Folk Metal, so and so forth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jay

What's a Spotify Rock Star/Rising Star and how do I become one?
Note I am not a Spotify Employee, I just help out around on the community!

| Spotify Profile | last.fm Profile | Send Me A Message | Twitter |

Highlighted

Re: What type of genre is this?

JayLB
Community Legend

@benmxc

I did some searching in the Spotify service here is the artist page for Novo Amor: http://open.spotify.com/artist/0rZp7G3gIH6WkyeXbrZnGi

just copy and paste the link into the search window of the desktop app and hit enter. And then look to the right with RELATED ARTISTS and then click on the all caps words to go to similar artists.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jay

What's a Spotify Rock Star/Rising Star and how do I become one?
Note I am not a Spotify Employee, I just help out around on the community!

| Spotify Profile | last.fm Profile | Send Me A Message | Twitter |

SUGGESTED POSTS