Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What was the last Vinyl you bought?

What was the last Vinyl you bought?

Simply post your last Vinyl (LP, 7”, ...) with the Spotify link (if exist).

My last baby was: Funny - Black Lips, 7” Limited Edition Gray Swirl, Vice Records.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4BAAyLMY1lMUivwVeKYkzx?si=iyktcf_oSTKQRgrRrNTJpg

AC2DF2B6-F837-4B46-8330-9B8E7D081138.jpeg

Follow me
Follow my band

And check my Playlist: spotify:user:dellasquare:playlist:1X4hlAcW0kfzNwcW0mGO0Z
12 Replies

My last vinyl is also my only vinyl. :')

spotify:album:6JiPQzrQs9VTk0cRW9kyS2

("specs" - 12'' double LP, sleeves with more album art)

I don't even have a record player or anything, it came with a download code. But honestly I wouldn't have been very mad if the code had an overdue expiration date.

You see... It's beautiful! :') The album art is some really well made imagery.

Fortunately Ninja Tune is not playing with expiration dates and you can buy even some pretty old records and still be able to download the digital album too (in .wav or .mp3).

When I buy physical records, I mostly stick to CD's, vinyls are a little too expensive. 😞

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I started buy Records about 5 or 6 years ago, even if I was in lack of a turntable. Now I spend my time (and my money) in record stores and thrift shops. 

That’s the last one:

Tu sei Bella come sei - Mal dei Primitives

7” Italy 1968 - RCA Italiana

some Italian Beat Music 😄

https://open.spotify.com/track/1DvQxMG3bBAeLs3JhmlxwE?si=vX5voSIQSTeuRCw47F9WZAA02786A6-E7B6-4781-A11E-355330CE5D1B.jpeg

Follow me
Follow my band

I used to buy A LOT of vinyl.   For a few years though, I didn't have a turntable.  Last summer, I finally got a new one and was able to start listening to and buying vinyl again (well I suppose I could have been buying it all along but didn't...).  Anyway, the last vinyl I bought was Lotta Sea Lice by Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile.

The last vinyl disc I bought was Pearl Jam's Vitalogy! What a great record!

spotify:track:2B98ljvzqpCVgt5reTHq28

Do you folks buy more LPs/12”’s or 7”’s? Just curious 

I think I have more or less the same amount of LP and 7”. Usually I take an LP when I really like an Artist or an Album. With the 7” I like to find always something new. Usually I take a lot of Italian Beat Music, 00s indie Rock and some Garage/Punk.

What about you?

Follow me
Follow my band

I buy both probably equally but it depends on the band.  Some bands just do 7"'s or they put out more of them than they do LP's.  I really like when they do something **bleep** like a 4 7" set instead of one LP.  Having said that, I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging and there are definitely some creative things happening with LPs...

And that's why I want to buy physical records. The album art and case designs are often pretty fantastic!
Plus it's just really nice to see this stack of good music on my shelf. :')

I don't really play CD's either, I just rip them in as they are (in .wav) and listen to the resulting files. CD's are all pretty much brand new in terms of usage...

The bonus in vinyl material (especially the 12'' ones) is that they are pretty huge and when the album art or design is outstanding, it's such an eyecandy. Big glorious piece of art!

SebastySpotify Star

Someone using Discogs?

Follow me
Follow my band

awesome!
Honestly, I never bought records or listened to anything on the player, because it seems to me that this is already outdated and we need to go all the way to technology. I just don’t understand why we need players at the time when we have DVD players, iPods and other gadgets for listening to music.Nevertheless, my uncle is an ardent fan of the heaters and I came here to choose a stand for him for his new record player. I found great models at https: //www.pickmyturntable.com, but I would like to know if some of you bought any models on the site.

The last vinyl I bought:

spotify:album:5c6b4NSsJHroOvLFUNBE3t 

Follow me

The sounds are different on vinyl. In many cases mastering is different on vinyl, resulting in higher dynamics.

The physical product itself is probably the most beautiful shape music can take.

I bought a SpectraSoul EP just recently. I really really love the first tracks on it (others are also good).

spotify:album:15aJ6a2X7qWuewrgZj03GG 

Cover art is also very pretty. 🙂

WP_20200212_19_51_13_Pro

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts