Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Where Did The Classical Music Genre Go?

Where Did The Classical Music Genre Go?

Casual Listener

I was just checking the browse section on Spotify and noticed that the Classical Music Genre has been removed?! As a young classical musician it's quite upsetting to see such a rich area of music and culture,which needs more attention, being ignored by the platform in this way. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

4 Replies

Re: Where Did The Classical Music Genre Go?

Regular

Casual Listener

Thanks! Nice playlist 🙂

Composer

I typed classcal in search bar from my android app and i can see this genre exist.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @Brendan_DBass

The section for classical music exists for me in the Browse category. I'm checking this on the desktop client.

As @max_e87 said, you'll find the section and a lot more by searching for classical.

As of why the section is missing for you - could be many reasons. Spotify tries out new things and as a result some features may change or go missing, or it could be a client error.

I'd suggest trying a reinstall to ensure the client works properly.

Hope this helps 🙂

SebastyRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS