Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Which track did you save to your library first?

Which track did you save to your library first?

Which track did you save to your library (or add to a playlist) first on Spotify? Feel free to check your Liked Songs or playlists on Spotify to find your track with the earliest “added date,” and share it here.

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
4 Replies

Hey @AdamDam 

Congratz on becoming a Rising Star! 😄

That is a really tricky question because
uhh
my Saved Songs is for newly discovered stuff yet to be decided on, and all my playlists change shape now and then.
It doesn't help that at first I just listened to stuff in my Queue-History and artist pages. For the first couple of years I didn't create any playlists!

I did star a few tracks, but that playlist has been long gone...

Currently the oldest added track is this one:
...quite classy tbh :'D

The truth on what was the first starred track (starring was the predecessor to Saved Music) very likely lies in this playlist Spotify created on my behalf:

spotify:playlist:4XRTdwqNeUofx4CDLhz0Qp 

But honestly I have no idea. I did mistake-star a lot too. : )

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star

i joined spotify around 2013-4 and the first ever song i liked/hearted was Fireside by Arctic Monkeys. I heard the song on some random radio station i stumbled on and i was like “man i wanna listen to this when i’m commuting to school” because the melody and lyrics was stuck in my head a lot 😛

Hi @Sebasty and @yogurtdizzle, thanks for sharing!

For the first few years that I used Spotify, I didn’t “star” or “like” tracks; or create any playlists that I intended to keep. However, in late 2017 I started adding tracks to a playlist for all the music that I’ve found on Spotify that I enjoy listening to, which I still have in my library; and this is the first track that I added to it:

https://open.spotify.com/track/2ytXq1bTu0ewU7hB7GngpK?si=mZRJbECpS5-SkBePvf-XFw

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts