Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can`t I listen to Skyfall by Adele in Spotify (Norway)

Why can`t I listen to Skyfall by Adele in Spotify (Norway)

I`ve tried to star "Skyfall" by Adele, but it won`t work. I can`t listen to the song, nothing happens when I am clicking on the song. I`m from Norway, but radio stations here have added the song to their playlists, and linked it to spotify, still I can`listen to it. It`s a really good Bond song. FYI: I got Spotify Premium! Appreciate feedback!

33 Replies

No pain, No gain listen to this instead! 😉

@EskildRodsten wrote:

No pain, No gain listen to this instead! 😉

+1, but no way for Adele!

Yes I want  to listen to Adele's Skyfall.  When I search there are 10's of tribute versions - which are pale imitations.  I'm concerned that Spotify encourage this rubbish as I suspect when you click on one of the songs - the hacker gets some revenue. Spotify you need to remove all this rubbish - it's as bad as Google Play and iTunes.  Otherwise I'm cancelling.

richardajh - There's no hacker involved, these versions are totally legitimate. We want all the music in the world on Spotify.

There are reasons why some music isn't on Spotify. It's all explained here: http://support.spotify.com/uk/problems/#/article/Content-missing
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Surely these are not legitimate withTitles and subtitles like "Skyfall/Out Now" or "Skyfall  Radio Version", the hackers intend to mislead the Spotify user into selcting the track for play  and to derprive the orginal artist of revenue.  These pirate track destroy the user experience - making it difficult to seach for what you really want.  It's Quality not Quantity! Sort it out or I cancel.

They're not produced by hackers or are they pirate tracks. They're cover versions. These artists are signed to genuine aggregators or labels. We have no illegal music on our service and would never condone it. 

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

OK I'm not convinced that you want to improve the user experience by removing these tracks so I've now cancelled.

It's a shame you feel that way, it really is. We want the user experience to be as enjoyable as possible, and would really love to have the original version of 'Skyfall' on our service. At this moment in time, however, it appears an agreement needs to be made with the artist or label.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Personally I am not cancelling, but I fully agree with richardajh that this is aweful for the user experience.

Let's be honest here, nobody is looking for the cover but we are all looking for the real thing. The cover artists are smart and name the track in such a way that I will play it by accident so they will get their kickback. This is defenately not hacking (maybe 'hacking the system')  but for me as a user this feels like spam and is a waste of my time.

First world problems though, eh?

To "hpguru"  Your need is not our concern and we don't care to hear about them. Now crawl back under your stone.

@hpguru wrote:

Why you need Adele? I would be more than happy if someone delete Adele from Spotify.  I'm more than happy to discover music eg. cool, very cool stuff like dance, techno, dubstep, hardcore, trance and electro of course from Spotify 🙂

For me there is NO NEED for Adele or junk like that.

I'm holding onto something. Spotify.

So tell me now, dance now or never, so listen it with your ears 🙂

Getting better still in 2013 🙂 This is what I call music.

I went ahead and just bought the CD from Amazon UK out of pure frustration.

It's still not on there, but I did discover this version and found a great new singer at the same time!

Barbara Straathof – Skyfall - From The voice of Holland

Oh - just realised someone already mentioned this in the thread.  Sorry about that.

Jon

Suggested posts