Announcements
Hey! It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Check here for what to do if you're still having trouble.

Why does some songs suddenly become unavailable?

Highlighted

Why does some songs suddenly become unavailable?

Casual Listener

Hey, so the thing is I've been listening to this song for ever, and now it is suddenly unavailable and I think it has been for around a month, what's the reason for this?

The same thing has happened before, but with a whole album, which came back after a months time.

2 Replies

Re: Why does some songs suddenly become unavailable?

Community Legend
Some songs are removed, when Spotify receives a request from the rights holder(s). For example a record label. I can't think of any other reason than that. There are loads of music missing and the catalog does seem to shrink more and more when time passes, but still I think this is a better app than rivals.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Highlighted

Re: Why does some songs suddenly become unavailable?

Casual Listener

Yeah that was what I thought originally, but when there's only one song on an album with 32 songs it's kind of wierd. Anyways I checked again yesterday and I found that there was an extended version of the song available so it's not a big deal anymore.

SUGGESTED POSTS