Why is it so hard to get heard ?- People we know think we should be !

Why is it so hard to get heard ?- People we know think we should be !

Phenakite2018

We are Phenakite and we don't do covers. 

But it is impossible to get out there. It seems that unless you know someone you are ignored?    

Stand Together (1) - Copy.jpg
4 Replies

Re: Why is it so hard to get heard ?- People we know think we should be !

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there !

Well, getting music out there is not an easy task but there are many ways which you can take and promote your music, one of them you already chose - Spotify !

You can hit this "Promotion" post  for ferther help on how to promote your music through Spotify!

Hope this helped !

DisparateSouls
Roadie

Persevere, but it’s very frustrating & very difficult.

post a link in your original thread.

ive followed you, please check us out too

Disparate Souls

imshinra
Roadie

Usually music is like 20% music 80% who you know. Network, go to industry events, increase your music industry resources and then use those resources wisely. You may meet an A&R or someone at a label, or even a stylist for an artist that knows people too. You can show them your music, and then bam. Think creatively. You have to think of yourself as a record label in the sense you have to not just make the music, but do the marketing, branding, advertisng, etc...

If you think your music can fit an advert or something, find music supervisors, research and research and research, pitch it to people, find emails, work hard!

If people practically need to know someone to be heard, then there's a huge part of the answer already. You need to know people, no one can do this alone.

Patiotic
Music Fan

Hi, 

Im on the same trouble. Everyone says my music is A, my music is B, etc, but then i see my stats, and nothing... 

Things im doing  for self-promote, and increase my streams and followers are:

- Have a heavy presence on socials (instagram, twitter, etc) make at least 2 post per day, and 1 story per hour. 

- You MUST take a look to your stats on all your socials networs. Today is easy to get those numbers, and see which post are getting more engagement than others, so when you detect that, you must continue with that style of posts. 

- Make playlists, but dont put to much of your music, add well known music from your style, no more than 20-50 songs per playlist. (i know i have one with 77 songs, but its doing well). 

- Submit your music to every playlist platforms you could get in like Tunemunk, SoundPlate, etc are free. 

- Share you music in every single facebook group you are. 

- Announce your new releases with at least 2 weeks before the date. 

And with the release on air, shout everywhere at least twice a day.  I know is not much, but with that i have increased my streams from 0 to 700 in a a week for my last album. 

Good luck! 

SUGGESTED POSTS