Why on earth are you taking away songs I already have starred and saved as playlists?

Solved!
1 person liked this

Why on earth are you taking away songs I already have starred and saved as playlists?

Regular
‎2012-07-30 04:42 PM

I can understand searching for music and it not being there. However stuff that is already in playlists? Isn't there a big focus for music retention? I took a huge hit on my EDM music over the past week.... It completely sucked.... Kap-Slap, 3LAU, Tiesto.... Just to name a few.... Any answers on why these are just suddenly going away?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why on earth are you taking away songs I already have starred and saved as playlists?

Edited
Rock Star
‎2012-07-30 10:16 PM

The music in question might have been removed from Spotify due to requests from music labels.

The only thing Spotify does is upload music via the request of music labels.

Sometimes labels change their mind or the music rights change and as a result they send Spotify a request to remove certain songs or artists. Spotify has to take down music if labels request it.

You can find out why some songs/artists are no longer on Spotify over here.

Matt Suda   Community Rock Star
♫ Music keeps my heart beating ♫

6 Replies

Re: Why on earth are you taking away songs I already have starred and saved as playlists?

Community Legend
‎2012-07-30 09:56 PM

I agree. When I pay for product, why record labels joke me? When I add a track to playlist, I can't be sure I can listen this track again tomorrow... Spotify please solve this problem! If record label does not want track to be heard on Spotify, why on earth they add it to Spotify? This just pisses me off when they remove content from Spotify.

Dancecore streaming everywhere with unlimited 2M/2M mobile 3G network.

Edited
Rock Star
‎2012-07-30 10:16 PM

The music in question might have been removed from Spotify due to requests from music labels.

The only thing Spotify does is upload music via the request of music labels.

Sometimes labels change their mind or the music rights change and as a result they send Spotify a request to remove certain songs or artists. Spotify has to take down music if labels request it.

You can find out why some songs/artists are no longer on Spotify over here.

Matt Suda   Community Rock Star
♫ Music keeps my heart beating ♫

Community Legend
‎2012-07-30 10:24 PM

Yes, I know about those music rights.

However the point is that when I add a track to my playlist, it can be removed right away from Spotify or in next days. Why record labels can't remove tracks only from Free users? Unlimited and Premium customers pay a month fee for music, why we can't get access to all music in Spotify no matter if Spotify or record label/artist change mind...

Dancecore streaming everywhere with unlimited 2M/2M mobile 3G network.

Community Legend
‎2012-07-31 11:55 AM

hpguru wrote:

Yes, I know about those music rights.

However the point is that when I add a track to my playlist, it can be removed right away from Spotify or in next days. Why record labels can't remove tracks only from Free users? Unlimited and Premium customers pay a month fee for music, why we can't get access to all music in Spotify no matter if Spotify or record label/artist change mind...

Because record labels don't get any extra cash if the member is premium or not.

Regular
‎2012-08-02 05:06 PM

I get that, I just wish there was a higher focus on music retention. I hate it when I listen to a song and go back to listen to it later and POOF! Gone like it never was there.... I had one of my playlists drained completely.

Regular
‎2012-08-11 01:18 PM

Because this is just another company that treats the paying customer the same as the "free" customer.  This is just like saying....  The record label decided they dont want thier music to be available for free so they pulled it.  Because we offer our service for free as far as the record labels are concerned you are not a paying customer even tho you give us money each month.  If they gave us more access than the free customers they would then admit it and be required to give the labels more money.  Time to go back to free...

SUGGESTED POSTS