Why there is a lot tracks which aren't available in my country?

Solved!

Why there is a lot tracks which aren't available in my country?

Evix
Casual Listener

Hey,

I have faced one problem which is really annoying, because there is a lot tracks which says that ''This track is currently not available in Finland. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.''

That's why I cancelled my premium subscribe, because I just couldn't stand that I can't listen music what I'm paying for so yeah..

There is a lot things you should improve in spotify if you want to keep customers happy.

The Bravery – I Am Your Skin

Kid Cudi – Just What I Am - Explicit

Those tracks are just example about my problem.. Kinda sucks that I can't listen every track on spotify

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why there is a lot tracks which aren't available in my country?

neo-x
Community Legend
I'd say that these limitations aren't the Spotify's fault, but the record labels etc who have the rights to the songs. Spotify has songs available that they can share I guess.

I live in Finland too, and there are lots of songs that have gone missing in the past 4 months, but still Premium is the only way to go. Rather search for some other tunes I can listen to than go back buying CD's or creating custom collections from files etc.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

3 Replies

neo-x
Community Legend
I'd say that these limitations aren't the Spotify's fault, but the record labels etc who have the rights to the songs. Spotify has songs available that they can share I guess.

I live in Finland too, and there are lots of songs that have gone missing in the past 4 months, but still Premium is the only way to go. Rather search for some other tunes I can listen to than go back buying CD's or creating custom collections from files etc.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Evix
Casual Listener

I guess that's the reason then.. Many things which are located in the US are blocked in Europe. Hulu, netflix, vevo and so on. Sometimes it sucks to live in place where everything is blocked. Everything will come eventually to other places, but the fact is that the US gets everything first before others gets it, but in worst case it will take many years.

neo-x
Community Legend
Yeah. I'v seen how some things have evolved better. Some TV shows are only a week or few behind. Back in the day they were months / seasons.

When movies came to the theaters, they were already released on VHS / DVD elsewhere.

If Spotify could get all the music in the world to their catalog, by god they would have it by now, but since it's all about rights to the music, and the record labels hold the tight knot on everything, so it means eventually "censorship" or such. Making people buy the old fashioned CD's from stores or such to be able to listen to them.

Also artists themselves have a say on what goes and what doesn't go to the catalog I guess.

SUGGESTED POSTS