Announcements

Why was BABYMETAL's album taken off spotify?

Highlighted

Why was BABYMETAL's album taken off spotify?

BABYMETAL's first studio album "BABYMETAL" was taken off spotify, but their live album is still up, anyone know why?

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Why was BABYMETAL's album taken off spotify?

Community Legend

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Spotify adds all music available to them. Unfortunately,sometimes the artist/label don’t want certain tracks/album on spotify, which is why they can’t be found.

You can read more about missing music in the music FAQ.Take particular note of the fifth point.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It'd be nice to be informed about this when it happens. I was sat on a train with sketchy internet, listening to my offline version of the album. Whenever the internet did connect, it'd take away one or two of the songs from the playlist.

It was pretty annoying, and made for a songless journey.

It can't be hard to do a sweep and see who has these songs in their playlists? It has broken some of the trust I had in Spotify, as I now don't know which of my playlists are safe from being ruined, or even, if they have already been ruined.

Highlighted

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

@Cliffmaus

Spotify has nothing to see in the decision to remove songs/albums from the service.

That's a choice of the labels or artists or rights owners.

That can happen from one day to another without any warning.

SoundofusRock Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Community Legend

Cliffmaus You can try to write directly to label/artist about why they decided to remove album from spotify.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

But Spotify are aware that the items have been removed right?

They could drop us a note to say - "Hey, by the way, you've lost a bunch of the music you listen to regularly because the artist has chosen to remove it from Spotify. We didn't ask them why they wanted to remove it, because why would we want to know? Feel free to ask them yourselves."

Seems like common courtesy to update us a little more when it happens, even if they can't preemptively inform us. 

Highlighted

I BARELY noticed it was removed. I think it has to do with them working out a deal with Sony to re-release their album in the US. Only thing I can think of that's happened recently. Surprised you only had two of their songs, the whole album is awesome! 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS