Will Emotrap survive in 2019?

Will Emotrap survive in 2019?

StaticRYan
Gig Goer

The music coming out the scene and Hip-Hop in general right now is some of the most experimental, emotional and rebelious music to have come out in years in my opinion, but do you think it will still be this big this time next year? I hope so but I can't pin it at the moment, I feel like it might getting too rehashed if thats the right word?

4 Replies

Re: Will Emotrap survive in 2019?

xxcirclepitt
Music Fan

i think emo rap is still a while away from reaching its peak in trendiness and popularity. there's something super timeless about the sound and look of the mid 2000s. bringing that era back into contemporary music is very punk at the moment and could definitely be classified as a counter cultural movement. it's only growing and I think it will be considered cool for a long time to come, at the very least another 2-3 years

StaticRYan
Gig Goer

Yeah very true, all great music movements have at least a few years, I hope internet culture does not conflict with that seeing as trends come and go quickly but I feel this is something bigger and in 20 years could easily be looked back on in the way as grunger or punk is, even early 00's emo scene. 

levpetrov
Music Fan

Considering how popular it is right now, it will survive 2019 for sure. As long as some new stuff comes out too. 

enhund
Casual Listener

Emotrap will peak 2020 or even 2021

SUGGESTED POSTS