Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Favorite Albums of 2014

Your Favorite Albums of 2014

Hey guys, let's start sharing our favorite albums released in 2014. I'll keep this playlist updated with your additionsFavorite Albums of 2014

1. Check the playlist to see if the album has been mentioned.

2. Right click the album in Spotify.

3. Select ‘Copy Embed Code’.

4. Paste it in the HTML tab on your Community post. 

I'll get us started with The War On Drugs

160 Replies

Pretty much the opposite end of the scale, but the new The Antlers album is cool. 

2014 has been a killer year for music and it's only half over! Here are some of my favorites, so far (which haven't already been mentioned)....

I forgot loads of those albums were from this year. There's been some amazing stuff. 

I've also been enjoying the new Parquet Courts album too: 

Haven't listened to nearly enough new music yet this year, but really digging the new Hamilton Leithauser. If you like his work with the Walkmen, this is more of the same great stuff.

Ironically, I almost posted that album earlier - good call.

Favourite track? For me:

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Here's my favorite so far:

But this one is a close second:

So many great songs on these two 🙂

That new War on Drugs album is simply amazing, Meredith. I would've totally shared that if you hadn't beaten me to it.

I'm gonna share The Roots' new album "...and then you shoot your cousin". Their recent gig as the house band for Jimmy Fallon's show has given them the financial backing needed to allow them to focus on more artistic pursuits rather than raw sales, so they've recently been putting out more politically conscious records and lyrically deeper concept albums. This newest record is a concept album that depicts several caricatures of people living in the hood. Really cool, but dark stuff.

Edit: Tracks 1, 4, and 7 are not available on Spotify for some reason. Could be a copyright issue or something. Those tracks are all short intros/interludes and not actual songs, so them not being available doesn't really detract from the entire album too much.

Very good album!

Music lover, producer and remixer. Want to see what i can do then check out my website.

My Website

There had been lots of good releases this year, but i'm only going to post this one album of a girl from the Netherlands
She writes her own music and plays the guitar. Hers songs are amazing and everyone should definitely check out.

Another couple of news ones for 2014 I have been listening to.

The first by Corrosion of Conformity with IX

The next is not so much brand new but early demo work done by Cradle of Filth released properly it is Total F&^%*ing Darkness which is material from the orginal demo tape from 1993, very early work by the band.

A few more new ones for 2014.

The First is by Helstar with This Wicked Nest.

The next one is by Seether with Isolate and Medicate (Deluxe Version).

The next few below are not new for 2014 but where added to the artist pages for 2014.

This next one is not new but was recently added to the Silverchair artist page and it is Freak Show.

This one here is also not new but recently added as well to the Cracker artist page it is Greenland.

alle farben,

synesthesia

Hey everybody, Trampled by Turtles is a folk-bluegrass band I really love and they just recently put up their newest album, "Wild Animals" for early streaming on NPR here: http://www.npr.org/2014/07/06/325181408/first-listen-trampled-by-turtles-wild-animals

Absolutely cannot wait until it gets put up on Spotify! Give it a listen, it is amazing.

Hello, this is music by 7 Electronics

This album is pretty good as well, recommended for fans of Mac Demarco:

My favorite track: Don't Be Afraid

ST. VINCENT by St. Vincent

SAY YES TO LOVE by Perfect **bleep**

HEAL by Strand Of Oaks

1000 FORMS OF FEAR by Sia

SHRINK DUST by Chad VanGaalen

HOUR OF THE DAWN by La Sera

Here's a complete playlist with 2 songs from each of my top 50 albums of the year

http://www.gothenburgsessions.com
https://www.facebook.com/GothenburgSessions

Tensnakes new album Glow is absolutely fantastic, so many gems.

Suggested posts