Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Favorite Albums of 2014

Your Favorite Albums of 2014

Hey guys, let's start sharing our favorite albums released in 2014. I'll keep this playlist updated with your additionsFavorite Albums of 2014

1. Check the playlist to see if the album has been mentioned.

2. Right click the album in Spotify.

3. Select ‘Copy Embed Code’.

4. Paste it in the HTML tab on your Community post. 

I'll get us started with The War On Drugs

160 Replies

I have been really enjoying the new album by the technical power metal band Sanctuary, which has now released new material since Into the Mirror Black. Here it is and well it rocks. If Metalheads enjoyed Nevermore with Warrel Dane on vocals, this was his first metal music outfit which disbanded after only two releases in the late 80's. Here it is The Year The Sun Died.

I loved every single song in You're Dead! by Flying Lotus

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:album:29luvT98TnqHjVDYSRbbrj" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Also Young & Sick made it to my Favorite Bands instantly 

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:album:4j0qRgur8lf6CPuYpZ8T4q" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

The band Weezer never bores me music wise, and they have released another great alternative rock offering with Everything Will Be Alright In The End. Here it is:

This was the first time I enjoyed an entire album in a long, long time. So kudos to Todd Terje. You can tell that a lot of love was put into every track.

Really can't decide between those two gems: 

A new release for 2014 by the band Melvins, and as if they could not get any stranger they enlisted two members from the Butthole Surfers Paul Leary and Jeff Pinkus into the lineup of this version of the band, and well here it is as only members of Melvins and Butthole Surfers could do.

The more I listen to this new Stars album, the more I fall in love with it. 

If you're interested these are my current favorites: This Is the Last TimeTurn It UpNo Better Place

Wish this had come out this summer...brilliant all the same. 

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

New Ben Howard album is great. Especially End Of The Affair and All Is Now Harmed.

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Favorite Artist of 2014: Magic Man

Just because Shady XV hasn't been released yet...

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the new Slipknot album and it is here and wow I like. They still have some of the basic sound as before and they also upped their musical abilities and done some interesting changes and sound direction music wise as well for the better and here it is the Special Editon version.

I posted this new release by the metal band Exodus earlier in another thread but it desevers to be here for metalheads that is here on the boards, and also again Steve Souza is on vocal duties again not since the 2004 Tempo of The Damned release. Anyway here it is Blood In, Blood Out. By the way I love the techno electronic beat in the first track and then it bursts into a metal thrash screamer type thing. Lol. Also there are some guests on this release Dan the Automator does the electronic techno bass thing in the first track, Kirk Hammet once a member of Exodus in the early demo tape trading days before his place in Metallica plays guitar on track #4 - Salt the Wound, track #5 - Body Harvest has Lee Altus with writing credits he is also from the Bay area Thrash band Heathen that also got it's start in the early 80's thrash scene in the US, this track also has Jack Gibson and Steve Souza with a song writing credit as well, Chuck Billy from Thrash band Testament makes an appearance on track #6 - BTK, and Lee Altus has a song writing credit on track #10 - Honor Killing. The release is a nice strong return to classic metal thrash sounds. So if you like your metal growling raw with plenty of fast power chords this should satisfy many a metalhead. Up the Horns Muthers hehe.

Öxnadalur | Raised By Swans

This guy/band is criminally underrated. New album just got released yesterday. If you're really into chill music/vocals, give it a listen.

Follow Me:  photo spotify.pngPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Reading through this thread I found some great new Albums that I need to listen to, great inspiration 🙂

Suggested posts