Your Favourite LIVE Music

1 person liked this

Your Favourite LIVE Music

Greg
Roadie

I've been talking to a few of you guys recently about the best live concerts you've seen, so figured it would be a good idea for everyone to share!

So, let's stick to this format:

1. Your favourite live concerts

2. Any bands/artists you haven't seen live yet, but really want to

3. A band/artist you wish you could go back in time and see live

I'll get us started...

1. My favourites

Kasabian in 2006 - My first proper live concert at Earls Court, will always remember this one!

Rage Against The Machine in 2008 - Reading Festival, never thought I'd get a chance to see them live.

Jamie T in 2009 - Reading Festival again, and probably the most fun I've ever had during a live set. So much dancing.

Coldplay in 2012 - Closing the London Paralympics at the Olympic Stadium. Incredible! 

2. Yet to see

Stereophonics - Thankfully ticking them off the list in a few weeks time :)

3. If I could go back in time..

Queen - It's an obvious one, but they certainly knew how to put on a show!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else's favourites are!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares
13 Replies

Re: Your Favourite LIVE Music

Adam
Roadie

1. My favourites

The last ever The Bluetones gig, back in 2011. Still miss those guys. :(

2. Haven't seen, but really want to

The National - but I get to see them next week, woohoo!

3. Go back in time for...

Pink Floyd

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Peter__
Community Legend

1. My favourites

They all seem so long ago - there isn't a lot of concerts when you live in North Wales!

Snow Patrol - In Bangor, Northern Ireland. I've also met Gary Lightbody

Ultravox - Shamelessly went to this one with my mum as she had a spare ticket. So glad I did, it was a fantastic concert. 

Biffy Clyro - Caught part of a show in Belsonic in 2010

2. Yet to see

Imagine Dragons - Have been on my list since the release of Night Visions. They are playing in Birmingham in a few weeks but I am struggling to find anyone to go with! 

The Naked And Famous - A recent obsession, but would love to see them.

Atlas Genius - Them too!

3. If I could go back in time..

Pendulum - Would have loved to have seen them perform live. 

Also to have been there for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtwZ07N1ic

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Jack_H
Spotify Legend

1. My favourites

Refused - Europa Club, NYC - July 2012 - Their big outdoor gig got cancelled due to bad weather, but they found a small club a few blocks away and put on a free show to about 300 of us. I've always wanted to see them live and that gig was intense

The Bronx - Sheffield - October 2006 - Arguably the best live band I've ever seen. I've seen them 7 or 8 times now, but this was the first, best and smallest show. 

And So I Watch You from Afar - ArcTanGent Festival - August 2013 - this festival only started this year, but ASIWYFA's headline set was definitely a highlight. It was special

I also have this playlist, chroniciling a couple of months I spent in New York last year : Bands I've seen in NYC

2. Yet to see

Mogwai are definitely a 'bucket list band' for me. They're in Cambridge in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. I hear they play so loud it'll make your ears bleed

3. If I could go back in time...

I saw Roger Waters and Nick Mason play all of The Dark Side Of The Moon at the original Hard Rock Calling (Hyde Park Calling at the time) in 2006. 

But a complete Pink Floyd lineup would have be been a great one to see

Elsalvador
Community Legend

Favourites:

1. I saw Muse at Wembley stadium in 2010, no matter who I see in the future, it will not be better than that gig.
2. Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes was pretty special, Dave even invited out John-Paul Jones and Seasick Steve for a couple of songs! 

3. I saw Elbow at the Brighton Centre a couple of years back, not the best venue, but a truly captivating live band.

Yet to see:

1. I NEED to see Queens of the Stone Age at some point soon, been an enormous fan since 2002 when I was just 7 years old!
2. the Arctic Monkeys, I missed out at Glastonbury as I couldn't go due to work, but my friends went and remind me constantly haha

3. Another one is Jack White, now that he has a full band I can imagine that the live shows are even better than when it was just him & Meg.

If I could go back in time..:

1. Although they're still a band, Linkin Park, would've been incredible to see after they'd released Meteora, not too interested nowadays
2. ACDC, When Bon Scott was still the singer would've been amazing, although I'd still see them with Brian Johnson!

3. lastly, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, live at Slane Castle... if you haven't seen footage of that gig, you need to.

spotify:user:barbaloot:playlist:65prcb4SDSBYQmeATaDp1y
1 person liked this

Patricia
Spotify Legend

1. My favourites

Bon Iver at Latitude festival in 2012.

Sigur Ros in Reykjavik, Iceland last year too.

2. Haven't seen, but really want to

The National - I'm seeing them in London on November 14th --can not wait!

Lord Huron - I discovered him on Spotify and I'm dangerously obsessed. Specially by this track: Lord Huron – The Stranger.

John Maus - Found him through Spotify too. One day, just like that, I stambled across my ultimate fave song:  John Maus – Hey Moon.

3. Go back in time for...

Camaron De La Isla - My Spanish side showing through...

1 person liked this

Joe
Community Legend

1. My second Pink Floyd concert at Leeds University in 1970. "Careful with your axe Eugene" was so scary live.

Other memorable perfomances from the same era include The Who, Muddy Waters and Leonard Cohen.

2. RHCP please. I've been a huge fan of theirs from the start.

3.Billie Holliday she was so full of the blues.

Am I showing my age?

Adam
Roadie

jwylot wrote:

Am I showing my age?

Yes, but you're making me insanely jealous. ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
Highlighted

Rorey
Spotify Legend

1. My favorite live shows

Sigur Ros live in their hometown Reykjavik, Iceland. The visuals with their live show are stunning. 

FM Belfast (also from Iceland) has the funnest live show. The energy really doesn't get captured in their albums.

Andrew W.K. hardly plays what you would call "concerts". Its basically like a big, out of control, rock and roll, house party.

2. Yet to see

I don't even need to think. Ben Folds.

3. If I could go back in time

Jeff Buckley. If he was alive John Mayer might not have a career. 

1 person liked this

Christoffer
Community Legend

1. My favorites

Blur - in 2012 at Way out West. That feeling when they played song 2 and the crowd went wild.

The Black Keys - Also Way out West but a great concert.

Avicii - A club in Miami. More of an experience than a great concert.

The Soundtrack of Our Lives - A great swedish rock band. Happy i got to see them before they split up.

2. Yet to see

Muse - My all-time favorite band which still haven't seen.

3. If i could go back in time

Queen - Live aid, 1985.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here
SUGGESTED POSTS