Your local music library

Highlighted

Your local music library

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey :)

I know we are all Spotifyers in this community, searching for new tunes and vibing to new playlists, but I am pretty sure some of you have some local music as well.

I know I do. :)

I have this tendency of buying my favourite tunes in lossless formats and then listening to those through Foobar. It's slowly increasing as I discover music on Spotify (and other channels).

I want to know how you feel about digital downloads vs CD's and other physical formats, digital formats and vinyls, and what do you use to listen to these.

Also, if you have something you are really proud of, tell about it :)

I've seen many praising vinyl over everything else (adoring the vinyl sound), I've seen people praising physical formats over digital formats (for them physical formats feel real), and then we have people who hunt for super hi-res music.

~~

I do love physical formats - album artwork on vinyls sleeves feel so powerful, vinyls themselves are also really beautiful, shiny black discs. I love exploring the booklets I get with CD's as well, sometimes they contain very lovely details, such as pics of the artist being very little.

I have nothing against digital downloads either. There is no physical aspect, but you still get high quality audio (which might even be 24-bit) and a good quality album coverart. I once got an album with 32-bit floats... not upscaled, true 32bits :')

I am not a hi-res purist, I am definitely not saying no to high quality mp3's, but I still prefer lossless. If I need lossy formats, I can just convert...

I rip in every CD I get, so I use my computer to listen to music. I have a Focusrite interface and K712 for some nighttime enjoyment, and the Focusrite was also bought with some future monitor speakers in mind. I have no idea, which kind though.

I love to talk, so let's go :)

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
3 Replies

Re: Your local music library

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

I found this inside Amon Tobin's Foley Room album:

smallAmon.jpg"every day, astral weeks"

Little Amon.

Incredibly endearing find... 😍

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Soundwave_Giant
Roadie

I’m with you! I like a physical copy of the album, as I feel that it become more of a sentimental attachment. But I also understand that in today’s society, everyone what’s things at the snap of a finger. No one wants to wait, Artist are pushing singles instead of albums because we are an A.D.D society!

La Rogue just released his new single “Believe”. It’s a mix of Electronica/Indie Pop You should check it out! 

https://open.spotify.com/album/1aO3KII1ztV8Q4ns8IXLyN?si=QpyaDGL4TZKdnuLpYpHQ7Q

Shereemusic
Roadie

Hi there,

I do love having cd's but it's mostly digital these days.  It's like reading a book I prefer the book over reading off of a computer. 

Love for you to check out my songs.  I'm a relatively new artist and learning as I go.  Feedback on what you think works and doesn't would be awesome.

Thanks so much,

Sheree.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/4cI0kiDZLcBVZ6UM5yrYvM?si=ywWUOb8OS0yZl2pRG54KnQ

SUGGESTED POSTS