Zappa Radio

Solved!

Zappa Radio

babaloo666
Casual Listener
I created a Frank Zappa radio station & it plays no Frank Zappa. It plays other people playing Zappa & Zappa plays Zappa, but no Zappa himself. I've tried making a new Zappa station, but the same thing happens. Why does Spotify hate Frank Zappa!?!?!?!
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
1 person liked this

Re: Zappa Radio

David
Spotify Legend
I think there may need to be an explanation of the radio service here. The goal of the radio feature is to introduce you to artists that sound like, or are similar to, the track / artist / album you have selected. It does not play a selection of tracks by that artist.

We don't hate Frank Zappa, not by a long shot. I picked up a Zappa bootleg called "Rotterdammed" when I was at university, and the version of Illinois Enema Bandit featured is particularly raucous performance.
Airhorn Enthusiast
1 person liked this

elee
Roadie

babaloo666 -

You might enjoy the chronological Zappa playlist created by Ulysses:

Zappa - Chronological

It's awesome, 998 tracks, 3 days of everything Zappa recorded with his various groups.

6 Replies

babaloo666
Casual Listener
I made a Mothers of Invention station today, we'll see how it goes.
1 person liked this

David
Spotify Legend
I think there may need to be an explanation of the radio service here. The goal of the radio feature is to introduce you to artists that sound like, or are similar to, the track / artist / album you have selected. It does not play a selection of tracks by that artist.

We don't hate Frank Zappa, not by a long shot. I picked up a Zappa bootleg called "Rotterdammed" when I was at university, and the version of Illinois Enema Bandit featured is particularly raucous performance.
Airhorn Enthusiast
1 person liked this

elee
Roadie

babaloo666 -

You might enjoy the chronological Zappa playlist created by Ulysses:

Zappa - Chronological

It's awesome, 998 tracks, 3 days of everything Zappa recorded with his various groups.

Custom radio

Cygnus912
Casual Listener

I am wondering about the ability to create a custom radio station such as "Progressive Rock" where I can add several artists at once (Rush, Yes, King Crimson, Dream Theater, etc.). This allows the station to become focused much more quickly, rather than basing it on just one artist or song and having to try to fine tune it by liking or disliking songs.

Re: Custom radio

babaloo666
Casual Listener

I think with the radio its just a random assortment of related music. Playlists are the way to go for just the tracks and artists you want.

Highlighted

Ricky7Posner
I agree with Cygnus; as it is now the radio inevitably will sooner or later become Beach House, Air, and similar such semi-electronic indie music. I've made stations from 60's French doo wop, 50's and 60's American oldies, country, and myriad classical artists and almost without fail they end up at this common denominator. I wish there was an option that wasn't, 'I don't like this song,' but instead, 'this isn't what I asked for.'

I'm a big fan of Tame Impala, but obviously Mind Mischief should not be in the same station as The Avett Brothers; I'm a proponent of music with lyrics, but why are there seven of those in a row as soon as I make a station from Primavera, a classical piece.

I'm sure it's hard to write this program seeing as Pandora is garbage too, but I'm paying for Spotify I'd kind of like it if, 'discovering new music,' and 'largest music library in the world,' were things that actually held true.
SUGGESTED POSTS