concert curiosity

concert curiosity

Stormergirl24
Gig Goer

This is a question for any stormer out there whos lucky enough to have already been to a Bastille concert, I'm going to one of their concerts and I'm super psyched about it, just had a quesiton, I've seen some videos of their live performances and I've seen some people painted their face like in the Flaws music video, I'm thinking about doing this myself when I go but I wanted to know how common that is at their concerts or if I would be totally out of place and the only one doing it. I just don't want to stick out haha thanks! :)

4 Replies

Re: concert curiosity

CAPTCHA76
Casual Listener
That is the best part. Being out of place. Tell me about stormed?!?

CAPTCHA76
Casual Listener
Have you watched Antwoord videos?!?

Stormergirl24
Gig Goer

i've just seen a couple videos from some of their concerts, looked like some of the people in the front couple rows, like I will be, had their face painted. I'm a HUGE fan of theirs i just dont wanna go overkill cuz I'll also be wearing one of my Bastille shirts

user-removed
Not applicable

@Stormergirl24

If some fans paint their faces going to live Bastille shows, doing so should not be all that out of place for say a KISS live show, and/or an Alice Cooper live show where fans do the same for those groups?

And I have been to KISS live shows when the band had no painted faces, and with face paint on for the classic lineup reunion years ago. Man what a live show that was. KISS did a whole 70's era show from their former stage design from '76-'78 and had Cheap Trick and Ted Nugent as supporting acts for the shows, two other artists that got popular from the 70's era. 

I also seem to remember rabid fans of Marilyn Manson from his early days would dress up as MM for live shows. I also remember fans of the band Mudvayne doing the same, when the band members used to use face paint as their stage persona's, fans would show up with their faces painted.

And in the 80's metal scene the wearing of armor, spiked wrist and arm bands became so bad during the thrash heyday, many venues for live shows banned fans wearing stuff like that during live shows due to facial injuries in the mosh pits.

So fans do dress up and mirror the artists they are going to see live, so go for broke I would say. :)

SUGGESTED POSTS