favourite gigs?

Highlighted

favourite gigs?

Gig Goer
En route to Dublin to see Electric Six and was wondering what the members of the Spotify Community rate as the favourite gigs they've been to? The five best live bands I've seen, so far, are Killing Joke, The Damned, PiL, Queens of the Stone Age and Pitch Shifter.
7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: favourite gigs?

Roadie

Hey there,

My favorite concert I've been to has to be Avenged Sevenfold and Slipknot. They were here for Uproar in Council Bluffs in 2010 and I got to meet the members of Slipknot, Very nice people and are real chill to talk to. 🙂

Princess Autumn Starlight
Highlighted

Gig Goer
I saw Slipknot a few years ago and they kicked ass. I still to this day firmly believe that their first two albums are the angriest I've ever heard.
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I have been to too many shows, but my top five in no particular order.

TooL twice both times were fantastic shows. The first time was during the Ænima tour which was done in a indoor venue, the band had human models painted grey in color moving throughout the show which gave a very eerie surreal feel during the live set.

Second show was during the 10,000 days tour and that show was just incredibly awesome as well, they did some really cool stuff with the stage and light design, the lighting structure moved around creating UFO light effects.

Rom Zombie/KoЯn coming off of their family values tour and picking up some later dates outside of the outdoor festivals. The pyro effects and gogo girls was a fun time.

Marilyn Manson during the God, Guns, and Revolution Tour, MM always puts on a very great angst filled show and feeds on it all so well.

Smashing Pumpkins during the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness Tour, they also did some fantastic stuff during the light show as well.

KISS during their supposed farewell tour. They also did a fantastic live show and brought along two other 70's era rock artists as openers to the show Ted Nugent and Cheap Trick, gave a very 70's rock flare to the whole thing.

I also want to add two more shows that were also my favs as well.

Iron Maiden during the Somewhere In Time Tour of  86-87, Maiden always does a fantastic live show and stage design as well.

Slayer during the Live Intrusion tour with Machine Head and Biohazard, this was a freaking crazy show a bunch of skin heads showed up and things heated up while Biohazard was onstage.

But I have many more live shows I have seen that I have enjoyed by Motley Crue, Stone Temple Pilots, Creed, Alice In Chains, HELLYEAH, Ministry, Melvins, Staind, Better Than Ezra, Weezer, MOD, Laaz Rockit, Exodus, Metal Church, Cro-Mags, Napalm Death, Megadeth, Grim Reaper, Helloween, Armored Saint, Saxon, Nuclear Assault, Sanctaury, D.R.I., ect. I could go on for some time, fun times.

Highlighted

Roadie

My best ever gig experience would have to be Foo Fighters in Western Springs Stadium, Auckland, NZ

The Foos really went all out as this was the final concert of the tour and managed to make international news because they got the crowd so pumped and managed to set off more than 1 of the local seismic measuring stations and recording it as a seismic event. 

If you stopped moving you could feel the earth moving under your feet. One of the craziest/best experiences of my life 😄

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/12/15/dave_grohl_makes_earth_move/

Highlighted

Community Legend

Either Muse at Wembley stadium (2010), or the Foo Fighters at the Concorde 2 in Brighton (UK). Managed to get 2 of about 500 tickets to see them, everyone was so pumped!! I never thought I'd see a better gig than Muse, but everyone felt so priveleged to be at the Foo's gig, it has to be that one.

Plus, they did loads of old songs, like Enough Space, I'll Stick Around, New Way Home, See You, Big Me, Hey Johnny Park..

ah man.. the things I'd do to be back there...

spotify:user:barbaloot:playlist:65prcb4SDSBYQmeATaDp1y
Highlighted

Music Fan
Roger Waters during The Wall tour 2013. Biggest and most impressive show I have seen so far. The surround sound was excellent, too.

Muse, Sigur Ros, Genesis, The XX, Arcade Fire, Rammstein, R.E.M. and Mumford & Sons are also favorite concerts from the last years.
Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Coldplay 2012, Selena Gomez 2013, and Porter Robinson 2014.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS