who is your top band of all time

who is your top band of all time

who is your TOP band of all time POST

answers please follow by your own playlist 

mines is the mighty radiohead 

https://open.spotify.com/user/stig2009/playlist/7sA4HGPxtCrifUQoQBF5Qw

54 Replies

seen radiohead 4 times before all in scotland from 2003-2009

im like a wee boy at christmas time when your off to see radiohead amazing live 

@nicklaswachter4

Yeah they're up there, but I don't think it surpasses the work Dave did with Nirvana and the Foos. Nirvana killed a genre of music, and the Foos are one of the few 90's rockers that not just survived the 2000's but won like 13 Grammys.

I know I'm about to get knives thrown at me, but I don't like Radiohead. I respect the work they did and the influence they had, but idk. There's many bands I prefer.

Haha that song and video both are great!

Pretty sure Dave had some Foo Fighters songs written before Kurt died. Though we missed out on some potential from Nirvana, I cant say I'm bummed because of all the great stuff from the Foos.

What I found interesting though is that Kurt was getting tired of the heavy rock and wanted to start doing more stuff like they did for the MTV NYC Live show. Kurt wasn't the best singer or guitarist, but the songwriting and passion was there, what I loved most about Nirvana.

Coldplay

seen coldplay twice

rush of blood to the head tour and then the x-y tour 

superb live band 

I have a soft spot for The Who for many reasons, the early singles alone would be worth to set them on the throne

spotify:user:heartscore:playlist:1MgrZd5mvDFeMAxunbNOWF

@stig2009 - Normally I wouldn't have listed this guy as best band (as he's more of a solo artist), but recently he's formed a band and I think they're incredible (and here to stay!). 

Check out my Passenger playlist:

spotify:user:curlyjeff:playlist:7Cf9ysgBYm3edk2zTefbAo

Some of my favorite Nirvana music is on the 'Unplugged in New York' album. I loved the stripped down sound on that album and how Kurt's voice was allowed to take center stage. There's something about his voice that's hugely compelling and emotive. You can just hear the pain and tension in it, which I think resonated with a generation of young people coming of age.

Some of my favorite artists are not necessarily the best singers or players, they are people who found ways to work within their means and developed distinctive styles. Look at men like Bob Dylan and Tom Petty. If you listen to their voices, they are often off key and don't have the best ranges for singing. You can really hear the comparisons on the Traveling Wilburys albums. (The Traveling Wilburys were a supergroup composed of Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, George Harrison, and Jeff Lynne.) Roy Orbison is someone I consider to be a pure singer. He had an angelic voice and an incredible range. George Harrison also was a more traditional singer, while Dylan and Petty sort of talk-sing in a lot of their music, sometimes in an ugly-beautiful way. You can almost not compare the styles, but it is part of their amazing artistry, like asymmetrical haircuts or abstract art. I would consider Kurt Cobain to be a part of this group.

I would have loved to hear the music Kurt would have made as he grew and matured, especially if it was more in the style of 'Unplugged.'

Shout out to the Meat Puppets, who sang the originals of a couple of the songs Nirvana covered on Unplugged.

Mine is Linkin Park. Probably because they were the first time I ever really gave rock music a chance and then I followed them most of my young adult life. They were pretty much my gateway into finding similar music. I've seen them twice in concert and own all their albums. I don't have a playlist specifically made for them on my account. I have a playlist that features them. I don't know if it really fits the topic but I'll post anyway because it has a lot of my favourite rock bands in it but it's a blend of country, rock, punk, post hardcore and pop (it's also pretty frikkin long, sorry not sorry. I usually just put it on shuffle). I don't think there's very much classic rock on it. That's a genre I'm trying to learn more about this year. Great post Idea btw!

spotify:user:theckbert:playlist:4oTtTQwZHnVH16NyLe3uwX

Foo Fighters for sure. Been my favorite band since I was born, and I got the tattoo to prove it. 

My top band of all time is Crowded House.

spotify:user:crowdiegal:playlist:27IQGEqLzgtMxUSQImzBlp

Gosh, this is hard!

I would say Primus and Mr.Bungle, I really can't choose between this two, they are both fundamental for my musical knowledge.

Even though I don't listen to Primus often, they introduced me to the world of alternative music, and Les Claypool made me want to learn how to play bass.

I still remember the first time I listened to "Tommy The Cat", I didn't loved it, but then it grew on me, and now it's one of my favorite songs ever.

spotify:album:0kOQO9vavKO2O6iUOusbMM

When I first listened to Mr. Bungle, particularly their first album, I felt like a wave of insanity and porpuseful wonky riffs scratched my face,and I loved them since then.

With just three albums, their whole discography, you can clearly see how they matured through the years.

spotify:album:5TzQq2irJPHeHNnh11atPw

I love all kinds of music and that's why I love the Bee Gees. They are completely underrated because most people see them as "Disco" act which they never were. They were imo the most versatile Songwriters and Singers ever. Their lead vocalists differed extremely and could do a lot with their great range (Barrys normal voice, Barry's falsetto, Robin's deep vibrato, Robin's high-pitched vocal, Maurice's harmonies) and went through lots of styles in their career. My playlist features some rare gems. Have a listen.

https://open.spotify.com/user/serenaux/playlist/04xpsRul4d7atC40T3IUtU

Eddy Band

https://open.spotify.com/user/1271388863/playlist/3ngOthYTqE3zpJDBtpvuPc

I grew up listening to Coldplay. They were my favorite group and still are to this day. This playlist includes all the other rock and alternative bands we probably all miss 🙂

Gotta be ODESZA. They make music for all occasions 🙂

You and i were gonna live forever

Martin Denny

FOO FIGHTERS FOR ME TOO

Suggested posts