why is there "lost" albums? - example: Modest Mouse - Moon & Antartica

Highlighted

why is there "lost" albums? - example: Modest Mouse - Moon & Antartica

wipipop

Hi. 

I have searched for Modest Mouse - Cold part which is a track on the Moon & Antartica Album and never have it worked here in sweden. I just googled it and found out that it is on Spotify but just not available in Sweden. Im not sure but I think all other albums from Modest mouse is visible for me (atleast since 2001). So how does it come that one album isnt available in sweden but all others are? Feels like its a mistake!

Is this a common thing?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: why is there "lost" albums? - example: Modest Mouse - Moon & Antartica

LoTuS
Casual Listener

Pretty much the same here. I've previously added,a few month ago, 2 albums of artist "Lusine" in my library and i've been able to play them (albums are "A certain Distance" and "Podgelism").

Recently I just wanted to listen them again and I was very surprised to be unable to do it. The albums have just gone. Still present in my library but unplayable. I just launch a research through Spotify to check the artist page and the 2 albums just disappeared !!!

Like you did, I just googled it and find that this 2 albums are still available on Spotify but not for me... This is strange cause all others album from the SAME artist "Lusine" and from the SAME label are still available except those 2 !!!

After that I decided to check others streaming services like Deezer or Google Play Music and found that this 2 albums are available and playable on these services. So i'm very disappointed with Spotify and just want clear explanations cause i'm just wondering if I don't made a big mistake choosing Spotify and subscribe to it...

Re: why is there "lost" albums? - example: Modest Mouse - Moon & Antartica

Fred
Community Legend
Hi.
Unfortunately this is something Spotify has no control over. The labels decide what is available in each country and sometimes they withdraw music from Spotify. You should direct your questions directly to the label.
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!
SUGGESTED POSTS