Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

100 songs challenge

100 songs challenge

Hey guys, 

A friend of my challenged me to make a playlist with 100 songs by 100 different artists a couple years ago.

And it turns out it's actually quite a difficult challenge. It's tough to pick which are your 100 favorite artists and then select your favorite song by each, I have to say mine is still a work in progress. I'll post my latest update of the list here this week. 

It would be interesting if we all did this and shared our playlists here. It's a great way to get a quick sense of each other's music taste. 

168 Replies

@meahtenoha @jonasherdegen @tanner_f @stig2009 @Jazzwhatever

Here's my 100, find a spare 8 hours, get your headphones on and don't forget to set crossfade to full and don't shuffle.

Every track set to compliment the next and blend in mix style, don't think there has been a more eclectic DJ since David Mancusso than the teamwork of my selection and Spotfiy's automatic crossfade skills 😉

spotify:user:1159190053:playlist:52wU7q4jy2jdVtPw1f5Z2H

@Shake-a-Hoof An eclctic mix, had to skip a few tracks, especially dee-lite. 🙂 But all in all a great mix.

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Thanks @Jazzwhatever it is a list of music I've grown up listening to and lots of it I won't listen to very often or at all now, it's  just a good historical record of what I've enjoyed over the years all mixed together. It was enjoyable going back to some of the tracks and interesting on how your tastes can change, one central theme for me as you can probably guess is Soul.

Here goes. I anticipate that this'll be extremely difficult, maybe not to find 100 but to find only 100. I'll post when I'm done, love seeing all of y'all's!

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

Question-- how do Feautures work? As in, does "Bed Peace - Jhene Aiko ft Childish Gambino" count as my choice for Jhene, or Gambino?

Alright, so this mix is eclectic to absurdity, but I thought it best to include a bit of everything I like. There's a bit of club, garage rock, pc music, vaporwave, classical, neo-classical, nu disco, 60s pop and funk, synthpop, french chanson, french techno, funk, art pop, acid techno, ambient, pre-baroque choral works, jazz, and folk. They aren't organized in any fashion either so have fun with that, although the top few tracks are intentional. Enjoy!

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify%3Auser%3A123794513%3Aplaylist%3A61yHjaGsgHTdosDWfVDBez" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe> 

FØLLØW MEe

@rorysade Thanks for sharing! Indeed an eclectic list. Was fascinated by spotify:track:2NKqrYeZC5uirATpR2CwMB

First thought it was a commercial or something, but it seems to be a genre called Vaporwave where commercials are sampled into songs. 

Here's a playlist i found with vaporwave (offtopic):

spotify:user:iam3:playlist:17HYiAIcwlDEg5RgVkm4L7

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Thanks! Yea, I tapped into the whole vaporwave thing just recently. Sometimes it can be appreciated just for the irony of it and sometimes it's legitimately and objectively good. Lots of samples from 90s lounge and corporate music. Thanks for digging up that playlist!
FØLLØW MEe

@rorysade and I thought mine was eclectic 😉 Really interesting playlist Well done 

well, i did it!! check it out. pretty odd mix, but I'm willing to bet relatable to a lot, in some ways.  take a listen, and check out any other playlists!! I love see y'alls!(:

my 100

This is my take at the 100 song challenge. There is no preference in artists, so I have placed them in alphabetical order. Hope you enjoy!

https://open.spotify.com/user/mholland1997/playlist/1MNwLKHMChgvmkKyrusjjC

Great Idea! I start mine now, I'll post it when it's finished.. I hope it's not that hard as it looks.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1119192751/playlist/27nxmEPtR6CZ2dvgnoKsLH

Heres mine 🙂
I like abit of everything so its a mixture of all sorts 🙂
Check out my other playlists if you like specifics more 🙂

defenitly going to listen to this chart. I saw a lot of good songs just at a glance. nice list!

I made a playlist with 100 different remixes of any songs.

https://open.spotify.com/user/12170368176/playlist/6aCLoaB5CCuDKZz0jFkacz

JoelW

These are my top 100 songs by 100 different artists that I have grown up listening to via my wonderful mother.They are the songs we listen to on every road trip! The hardest part was picking only one Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones song!! 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1253931023/playlist/3BOUIXLNBvj82nfON48Gzs

Bringing it up 🙂

New Rising and Rock Stars have been nominated since this post has been created. I am curious to see their list (if they want participate of course) 🙂

@Jpgchief  @meganh007 @crematedman @rossi1911 @MartinStoichkov @heartscore

@brian_mansfield @Sebasty

plus those I forget and who are interested.

Reminder : Your 100 different all time artists with your favourite song for each one.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Soundofus a herculean task, but I will do it 🙂

Suggested posts