Announcements

12 Acts I've Seen Live — But I'm Lying About One!

Re: 12 Acts I've Seen Live — But I'm Lying About One!

Community Legend

Good list, @boidiva02! Based on your hints, I'm going to guess Michael Jackson is the act you didn't see live — unless you lucked out and caught the Super Bowl halftime show, the HIStory tour in Honolulu or, somehow, the Bad Tour at a very young age. (If I remember correctly, that late '80s tour was Jackson's last extended stretch of U.S. dates.) If you managed to see one of those shows, kudos to your parents or whoever took you along!

Roadie

@brian_mansfield wrote:

Good list, @boidiva02! Based on your hints, I'm going to guess Michael Jackson is the act you didn't see live — unless you lucked out and caught the Super Bowl halftime show, the HIStory tour in Honolulu or, somehow, the Bad Tour at a very young age. (If I remember correctly, that late '80s tour was Jackson's last extended stretch of U.S. dates.) If you managed to see one of those shows, kudos to your parents or whoever took you along!

You got it correct! Michael Jackson is the one I'm lying about. I've never seen him live and in fact wouldn't even consider myself a fan of his, though I appreciate the historical and cultural importance of his work.

Here is a rundwon on the artists I HAVE seen:

Janet Jackson: I saw during her Number One's Tour in 2011. 

Mariah Carey: I saw during the 2003 Jingle Mingle sponsored by a local radio station. 

Spice Girls: I admit to seeing them in 1998 during their SpiceWorld Tour. Unfortunately it was several months AFTER Geri Halliwell had departed the group. 

Fiona Apple: I saw her when she toured with Damien Rice in 2006. 

John Mayer: I saw him when he toured with Counting Crows. To be honest, this was one of the most boring concerts I've ever been to. He just wasn't exciting.

TLC: I saw them during the second leg of their Fanmail tour in 1999. 

Paula Cole: This had to be 1998 or 1999 when I saw her play live at a local club.

Sheryl Crow: I saw her during the C'mon, C'mon Tour in 2003. 

New Kids On The Block: I saw them during the BLOCK tour where they toured with 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men during "The Package" tour in 2013.

Roadie

I love this idea.... very fun

If this post helped, please like it and accept it as a solution 🙂

Casual Listener
I love the idea of this but it's a little to confusing

Casual Listener
SUGGESTED POSTS